E1 Architecture Survey

xiseesxis

xiseesxis

Hello fellow Packerland JDE users. We are at the beginning stages of launching a multi-year JDE project and one of the item we are reviewing is the architecture for our new JDE installation. To be able to complete a thorough analsysis of the architecture options, it would be helpful to know what other companies have chosen for their architecture and why. To that end, I would like as many people as possible to help me by answering a few survey question. I think this would be valuable information for anyone who is interested. Once I have all the information, I would compile a report and share it back with everyone who replies, leaving out company identifying information of course.

Please take five minutes and complete and attach to your reply.

Attachments

• JDE References_Questionaire.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 57
Packerland?

Started filling this out and realized this is a lot of information to be shared in a public venue.

Last edited:
Hi Larry. Yeah, I realize it is a lot of information. Thank you for looking at it. I completely understand where you are coming from. To keep it more confidential you can just send it directly to me and not post it back up here. I would compile the information from everyone that I do get a reply from and leave out any identifying information then share it back with those who participated. Having direct feedback from the people using the software and hardware is valuable information for any company looking to make the right decision so I hope more people would participate so that we can all benefit.

Again, thanks for loooking.

hi xiseesxis,
Did you ever get any response back from this?
Do you have any planned architecture for 9.1 that you have received positive feed back?
We are starting to look at this now as we are still on Xe (yes you read that correctly).
Having a hard time getting a good sense of all we need especially when you factor in Business Services Server and stuff like One View Reporting.

Hello fellow Packerland JDE users. We are at the beginning stages of launching a multi-year JDE project and one of the item we are reviewing is the architecture for our new JDE installation. To be able to complete a thorough analsysis of the architecture options, it would be helpful to know what other companies have chosen for their architecture and why. To that end, I would like as many people as possible to help me by answering a few survey question. I think this would be valuable information for anyone who is interested. Once I have all the information, I would compile a report and share it back with everyone who replies, leaving out company identifying information of course.

Please take five minutes and complete and attach to your reply.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I would advise against relying on this approach.

1). You will get a limited sample from companies willing to share that level of detail

2). Every company's needs are different. Your system will need to be custom configured to match your needs and requirements.

My advice, ask your Oracle rep about the next 100 day upgrade seminar in your area. That will give you some context to help plan out the project.

Start shopping around for a good Oracle certified business partner. Look for Gold and Platinum level partners (disclosure, I work for a Platinum partner). A business partner can help you to develop your architecture, do the upgrade, and provide the functional consultants to help with converting and configuring.

Google "taking ERP to the Cloud". At Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle's biggest topic was the viability of having your JDE environment hosted by a team of experts. If you look at the topic on a more general view, you will see that taking JDE to the cloud (or any ERP) is one of the fastest growing sectors in IT today. The time to make that transition is when you are ready to do an upgrade.

To put some personal perspective on this. Six or so years ago, I was approached by a recruiter to go work for a company that was on the bleeding edge of JDE cloud computing. I didn't bite. Three and a half years ago I made the transition into the consulting world and I work in our cloud practice supporting six different customers across the US and Canada. Our companies Cloud group is growing exponentially. It's here, it's mainstream, cloud is no longer on the fringe. It is worth your time to explore that option.

Good luck with your upgrade, enjoy the ride.

- Gregg

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I would advise against relying on this approach.

1). You will get a limited sample from companies willing to share that level of detail

2). Every company's needs are different. Your system will need to be custom configured to match your needs and requirements.

My advice, ask your Oracle rep about the next 100 day upgrade seminar in your area. That will give you some context to help plan out the project.

Start shopping around for a good Oracle certified business partner. Look for Gold and Platinum level partners (disclosure, I work for a Platinum partner). A business partner can help you to develop your architecture, do the upgrade, and provide the functional consultants to help with converting and configuring.

Google "taking ERP to the Cloud". At Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle's biggest topic was the viability of having your JDE environment hosted by a team of experts. If you look at the topic on a more general view, you will see that taking JDE to the cloud (or any ERP) is one of the fastest growing sectors in IT today. The time to make that transition is when you are ready to do an upgrade.

To put some personal perspective on this. Six or so years ago, I was approached by a recruiter to go work for a company that was on the bleeding edge of JDE cloud computing. I didn't bite. Three and a half years ago I made the transition into the consulting world and I work in our cloud practice supporting six different customers across the US and Canada. Our companies Cloud group is growing exponentially. It's here, it's mainstream, cloud is no longer on the fringe. It is worth your time to explore that option.

Good luck with your upgrade, enjoy the ride.

- Gregg

TKS, Learing at

Back