E1 Approval Processing

pappursc

Hi,

Has anyone worked out a way to do Role Based approval processing for purchase orders or requisitions?

i.e Approvals based on an Org Chart

Regards
Pap

Take look at doing based on branch plant/MCU. I have not implemented it using that, only AB record and default location. your choices are:

Alias: S431057
Use this processing option to specify which code the system uses for approval processing.

The Approval Route Code of your choice.

1 Use the Originator's address as the default value.

2 Use the Originator's user profile as the default value.

3 Use the Branch/Plant route code as the default value.

4 Use the Default Locations route code as the default value.

Our approvals are based on our org chart. It works well.
1. Set up your approval routes to mirror your org chart. Mine have a two character code to indicate department followed by a hyphen and a three code character to indicate division.
2. In Default Locations & Printers, put that code into each record of people who will be entering requisitions.
3. In P4310 processing options, set the Route Code PO equal to 4.
That's all.

In our case, we also have administrative support staff who enter requisitions for more than one division. I set up special menus for them that have P4310 versions with the approval route hard coded in the Route Code processing option, so all they have to do is select a certain menu item to direct a requisition down that approval route.

Janice,
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I was particularly interested in your last comment about how you hard coded an approval route in processing options. I don't see direct approval route entry as being available in the processing options - Only address, user profile, branch plant and default location. Can you share how you did that? Thanks.

The only problem resurrecting an old thread is that I have to remember what I was talking about.
tongue.gif

I was referring to the processing options in P4310. I just looked at the processing options again and I can see why you're confused. That option you're talking about is exactly where I put my approval route. Maybe a previous version of the processing option explanation said "Approval route" in that list. Anyway, it works whether they mention that as an option or not. "Hard coded" wasn't a good term to use when I described it. I just put the approval route in that field...a different one for each version. I have a LOT of versions for P4310.

Hi Janicej,

We want to implement two approval routes to one user, base on the Cost Center (MCU). the user has only one user ID. We do not want to set up more then one branch plant and assign the apporval route to the branch plant. The solution you described is based on 1 approval route per user? or more approval route per user. I know standard this is not possible, do you have a flexible solution not using different version of P4310.

Thanks,
Henry

The way we set ours up, you can have more than one approval route per person, but it requires multiple versions of P4310. That way the person would select which approval route is appropriate from the menu. I can't think of any other way to do that, but maybe someone else will have a suggestion. Why are you opposed to having multiple versions of P4310?

Back