E1 9.0 Standalone Oracle Local Database Problems

fknies

Hi list,
I have been brwosing the list but only found response regarding the SSE install.

I am trying to install the 9.0 Standalone with the Oracle Local Database (because I'm on Vista) but I can not logon becasue of the 'Security server' problem.

I have followed the install instructions found on the 'Customer connection'.

I have use the 'Oracle Listner' test, which cannot find a Listner ! This must be the problem.

Can someone that have succeed in working with the Oracle Local Database send me the jdbj.ini, the jde.ini, the TNSNAMES.ORA and the jas.ini. By the way, I could find 2 TNSNAMES.ORA on my computer, I you are in the same situation can you also tell me from which directory it is ?

Many thanks in advance

Fred

Hi,

Even I have the problems with Oracle Local install. For sure we need to start LISTENER.

Please do following steps to start your listener

START > RUN > lsnrctl > START

Check the status after starting by giving 'Status' and give a try.

Please keep update us with results

Well, 1st of all thanks for the quick response.
I restarted the PC and it seems that now the listner is started ! I've done what you suggested and the Statuts is 'Started'.
But I still have the 'Unable to locate the Security server' problem.
I tried again to see with the Oracle Listner app, and now the message is different : Wrong password or ID.
The connection test is made with a user 'Scott', I tried with the user Demo/Demo, and still have the problem.

So I'm one step further now, Oracle Local Database seems to be working, thus the user / password given isn't correct.
What is the correct one ?
Where to set it up, so that JDE explorer use it ?

Fred

I am unable to find the MTR for the 9.00 standalone client on Oracle. Could either of you attach it over here or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi Gov,
I have installed JDE9.0 with oracle successfully. Now i need to login to the oracle through sql plus, which user id and and password i need to use. also confirm me the domain.so that can see the jde tables in oracle.

Regards
Deshpande
JDE technical
Accenture

Gov,
I am facing the issue of Unable to Locate Security server in Jdedwards Enterprise One 9.0. Some time it works but some times it gives me the problem. Are any methods to correct it.

You can login to JDE local Oracle database with
login: JDEDATA900
password: JDEDATA900
host string: E1Local

You can also use JDESY900, JDECTL900, etc

Back