E1 8.12 NER Build Error C2308 concatenating mismatched strings

NeilShapiro

I am trying to create a long text string consisting of constants and data to write to a flat TXT file. I am getting error c2308 Concatenating mismatched strings - you cannot concatenate a wide character string and a non-wide character string. I have dome this successfully many times in 8.0 with C++ 6.0. Now I am using 8.12 with VS 8.0. Other business functions build successfully. I got rid of the C2308 errors by adding an L before the strings. Now I am getting C2001 newline in constant. Any help is appreciated. A simple string concatenation should not be so challenging when coding an NER. Thanks.

I attached a txt file of the NER code. Go down to the section that has the comment Set Up the BarTender Commander Label Print Trigger Text String,which is where the concatenation is being done. Thanks.

Attachments

• 168857-n5549140.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 195
Thanks Neil..it's tough to see anything with just the NER text. Can you post the relevant c-code too? Also, what line(s) is BusBuild giving for the compile error(s)?

I got around the problem by loading the text strings by reading the data from a UDC table rather than using literal constants. Thanks!

Back