E-mail field on address books

Sgt.Oscar

Sgt.Oscar

Dear friends,

My company will implement JDE World in AS400 Database platform soon . I wonder whether there any default field to record contact persons' email address in both customers and suppliers master data (address books) or not ?

I am actually asking this because we aim to send the account reconcilitions (AR and AP Balances in invoice details as well) directly to the suppliers and customers via e-mail that will be automatically sent at the end of the each month.Is it possible to function Lotus Notes and JDE in coordination for this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your valuable comments.

Oscar

Oscar,

If you are going to be installing World A9.1 - then yes for sure you can
store email addresses for any address book record. Then in turn you can
use the email record to sent reports or data to the address book.

Jim

There is no designated field for this. But you can use the supplemental data files for storing this. Are you planning to use the email id via the system?

Oscar,

Assuming you are implementing JDE World 9.1, I believe that there
will be. That is a new release that adds this functionality, so not
many World users will know much about this right now. You are probably
better off contacting your sales person or Oracle/JDE support for
answers to your questions.

John Dickey
Financial Systems Administrator
White-Rodgers, division of Emerson Electric
8100 West Florissant Ave.
P.O. Box 36922
St. Louis, MO 63136-9022
314-553-3067
[email protected]

I was using a field in address book in A7.3. I forgot what the name of the field was. It is actually on the first screen of the address book maintenance program (bottom of the screen). Something like additional data or remark??? Then I pick this field when I am ready to use it to email either in AR or AP. Actually in A7.3 there are category codes you can use. There are 30 spots but the first ones are predefined. There are blank categories left for customers customization. it's one of these fields that you can designate as email address. Then just pick this up whenever you need an email address for that address book.

I use a "who's who" record, and designate a type code to be the email
address

Re: RE: E-mail field on address books

First of all, thank you all for the precious comments.

As I remember, the JDE World version will be 8.3 or something like this. Our objective is to automatize some accounting jobs. We have plenty of suppliers and customers , you know it's so difficult to send the month end reconciliation templates with ledger balances to them one by one via fax. It's just like a business intelligence project where an interface should be built between Lotus Notes and JDE , then Lotus will automatically send the balances to the suppliers and customers' e-mail addresses that will be extracted automatically from the relating master filed reserved for the contact person's e-mail addresses. I hope we can do this with the helps of our local consultants
smile.gif

and also I hope one day , we can migrate to the Windows version of JDE (Enterprise One)
smile.gif
Because I really do not like the as400 green screen
smile.gif

Re: RE: E-mail field on address books

There is a product on the market (if you are looking for one). I's called Catapult (by BCD). You are describing something I actually did in my last job. you will need to make a local change to the reconciliation report to insert the e-mail address or the vendor or customer (this is where you will need that field). Then you can set up Catapult to recognize to recognize that each time it sees this report on an OUTq in the AS400, it will automatically split the reports to the e-mail addresses that's actually on the report and send it out accordingly in excel or word or pdf (depending on what you want). It is a neat product (not enough space to tell you how to do it).

We are currently on 8.1.6, but it is also in earlier versions. There is a field in the F0101 named ABRMK. Data is entered via the P01051 program. Good luck...

Have a look at the credit management module. There are some email capabilities there but I've never used them (I'm on EnterpriseOne now).

Back