Dynamic FROM email in BI publisher and CC lists

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hello list,

From email:
Is there any way to make the FROM email a variable email address?

I've got my BI working as expected in E1 (E910) but the requirement is to override the FROM email address with the email address of the user running the job

At present the only option is [email protected] (system, default)
OR
If I try to be clever and put in my variable email in the raw UBE of /Electronic_Address_From_EMAL_ID204, then the from email is actually literally that
'/Electronic_Address_From_EMAL_ID204'

Is there anyway to make a variable?

CC lists:
At the moment, all my data driven recipient emails are being sent out as BCC from one another.
Is there a way to make them all on a CC list.
(apart from using P01250 distribution lists)

Thanks

John

John,

In your Report Definition (RD), under the Burst/Delivery form exit, you can specify a value in the "From E-Mail Address Override" field. Unfortunately, this is a constant value, so if you had 10 different users, you'd need 10 different RD's, and that would then translate into 10 different UBE versions to call those 10 different RD's.

Hi thanks for the reply.
Yeah I noticed it was hardcoded option.
If anyone works this out, please post here, even if it is 2 years from now
smile.gif

Does anyone know how to make the data driven recipients a CC list rather than a BCC list?

Anyone....?
frown.gif

Or
Does anyone know if I encourage the analysts to setup a distribution list, will they all be CCd to one another in the resulting email?

Thanks

John

You can archive the BI output and then use BSFN that can email that output.

I had a similar requirement to have the BI Publisher output sent from the User that submitted the report. I was able to accomplish this by modifying the UBE to update the from email address in the F95624 Report Definition record "on the fly" so to speak. Obviously there is some risk involved with doing this, especially if multiple users could be running the report at the same time. Luckily I didn't have to worry about that because our job queues are single threaded.

We also have the need to change the from e-mail address on BI Publisher. Can you share the inform on how to find the key field (RVRPDGUID) value to update F95624? Also, at what point in the UBE, the F95624 is available for update?

Thank you

Following Otto's recommendations. Does anyone have the info on how to compose value of the key field (rvrpgdguid) in F95624 for the update?

Thank you for the knowledge sharing.

Back