Duplicated posts, Orphan Answers, etc.

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric, Support

In the last few weeks, monthes I noticed many times on the two OneWorld Forums/Lists that many of the posts were sent duplicated onto the same List/Forum (it is not the same when they are posted onto the both of Forums/Lists hoping more or faster help).
Further it is also a very annoying /w3timages/icons/sick.gif on the Forum when answers start (too) many times new threads independently of the original posts/threads.

Could you make something against them? For example sending a "netiquette" on a regular time basis on the Lists, explaining the correct addressing, how to reply, what to reply, etc., further telling to the mailers why is it important (e.g. keeping/maintaining the quality of these amazing Lists/Forums)?

Thanks in advance, /w3timages/icons/cool.gif
<font color=yellow>Zoltán</font color=yellow>

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltan,

Correct addressing will no longer be a problem in the near future. The "ml" addresses will be extinct. This will correct the problem where people send their posts to the "ml" and the non-"ml" addresses.
A netiquette document sounds like a good idea. What should be included? I know what I would like to see, but I am interested in everyone's ideas!

Thanks for your continued support and interest in JDEList.

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Eric,

Glad to read that the "ml" address issue will be resolved.
It seems so that much more hard to achieve that posters include system informations (at least OneWorld release level) into their posts.
Although they often can read your signature "Place your system configuration information in your signature!".

About netiquette:
I think, Larry's "Cranky mail" could be a good start.

Some idea from me:
* ALWAYS Place your system configuration information in your signature or post! /w3timages/icons/laugh.gif
* Try to include all relevant information into your original issue.
* Never originate a new thread with your answer. (Eric, could you explain the method using different mailing possibilies?)
* Never originate your new issue under an other thread, start a new one.
* Read the replies for an issue before you reply. Do no send again the same reply when it was already posted. Exceptions could be when somebody want to collect experiences, opinions (e.g. see "snapshot" issue recently).
* Update your thread (resolved or not, how did you resolve, etc.)
* Put your name or nickname on the end of your post.
* Use a simplified English. /w3timages/icons/grin.gif
* If you are Lister then please, sometimes visit the Forum on the web too. /w3timages/icons/cool.gif

That's all for now.

<font color=yellow>Zoltán</font color=yellow>

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

I will likely incorporate the ideas of Larry and Zoltan into an Etiquette document.

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Back