Duplicate Invoices that are posted to G/L and paid by customer

chiefcook2002

One of my user inadvertently ran sales update twice by changing the SO status not thinking about financial impact. As a result, 2 Accounts Receivable records and General Ledger batches were created, and also posted to G/L. Customers also have paid the first invoice on few instances. We have several such duplicate invoices in the system overstating revenue and cost understating inventory. We need to retain the last invoice since that's the one has been recorded in the Sales Order. The question is should I unapply the cash from first invoice and re-apply to the second invoice? And then create a credit memo to reverse the entries for the first invoice? How to fix Cardex? Any one has gone thru this before? Any suggestions to cleaning up this situation. If you have already some procedure written, could you please email a copy of it? Thank you much.
-ChiefCook

You don't have to worry about the cardex other than the batch #. Once the item has been load confirmed, the system will not relive inventory again.

The easiest way to correct it would be to extract the F0911 (less the AE doc types) and F03B11 (update suffix so you don't have duplicate keys) rows into the Z-files, reversing the sign for amount and units in G/L and Gross, Open, Taxable, Tax and discount amounts in AR, and then run the z-process to load them back into A/R and G/L.

Good luck.

I am having the same problem and I was wondering why this was happend. Now I understand the reason. One more thing I observed in cardex is the document type JE instead of RI on other hand customer service form showing invoice no in document number field for that Sales order. why JE is replaced instead of RI . this is true for some records.
Wasim Ahmed.

Back