E9.2 DSI/MEP ND3N BSFNs called via Orchestration vs XML connector

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

We will upgrading to 9.2 soon and I am trying to find as much use our of the orchestration studio as possible.
As present we use DSIs ND3N BSFNs to do a whole host of warehousing tasks but we use XML connector to do so. I would very much like to move way from this and use the URLs Orchestrations provide.

Has anyone done this? replaced the XML calls into E1 from barcode scanners etc by using E1s Orchestrations instead?

Did you notice any speed issues and was it easy to do?

Thanks

John

Are you licensed dsi users or just using the free dsi remnants that have been left in the JDE standard code set?

If the former… that code disappears in 9.2.

Hi
I believe we are licensed yes.

The reason I want to move away fro this connection type is it 'sticks' on E1 kernels. So when we want to recycle or kill the kernel we can't as DSI MEP calls are directed to it once opened.
So I am hoping I can replace all the EMP DSI calls using XML connector to use REST via Orchestrations etc

It’s been a while since I worked with dsi so this may have changed since then but there was no way to call JDE orchestrations other than by bsfn B98ORCH through xmlCallObject which defeats your purpose.

Which version of dsi/MEP you are using? If you are using MEP 9 and above then you can call JDE orchestrator using service definition.

Which version of dsi/MEP you are using? If you are using MEP 9 and above then you can call JDE orchestrator using service definition.
Brilliant news

We use MPE 9.0 SP12 HotFix 39 (not sure how old or new this is)

Back