Do You Enter Sales Orders in EnterpriseOne For Your Company?

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
I am seeking someone works with customers and P41021 Sales Order Entry in EnterpriseOne on daily basis. We are currently on EnterpriseOne 8.11 and my primary expertise as Business Systems Analyst is strongest in Manufacturing, Inventory, Product Data Management, and more. My weakness is being only 75% up to speed on Sales Order Management. We are currently being audited one of major customers and made two discoveries yesterday that I have been tasked to resolve and I could use some help.

Does establishment of F4104 Item Cross Reference record for a Customer Part Number assist you during Sales Order Entry? Will one value entered during Sales Order Entry bring in the other? How would you insure that the correct Customer Part Number into the F4211 associated with your item number?

Secondly, someone brings you a customer purchase order for ten items for you to enter the sales order. You enter the ten lines sales order, including the Customer PO Number on each line, and place the customer purchase order down on the desk next to you and go to lunch. While you gone, your coworker comes into the office and sees the customer purchase order on his//her desk, and decides to enter a new sales order for it. Two identical sales orders for the same customer purchase order are now in the system. How would you prevent this? Does the system provide any resources to prevent this from happening? What would you do to insure that this does not happen, employee disciplinary actions excepted.

Does establishment of F4104 Item Cross Reference record for a Customer Part Number assist you during Sales Order Entry?
Yes. You have to get the setup right. You have to setup the "Symbol Customer/Supplier" field in Branch/Plant Constants. We have it as "#". So if your customer part# is ABC and your JDE part# is XYZ then you can enter #ABC and that will automatically update F4211 with XYZ as the item#. If it cannot find a cross reference it will give a hard error.

The validation of the Duplicate Customer PO Number is hard-coded in the B4200130.c business function. There is no setup to turn this edit on or off. You can setup whether a Customer PO is required in the Customer Master Billing Instructions, but the warning (Error ID 2597) is a hard-coded and no setup is available to change it. It occurs whether or not the Customer PO Required checkbox is checked in the Customer Billing Instructions.

Thanks,
Matt

I wish to thank everyone for responding so quickly to my call for help.
cool.gif

Many of the responses were the same, some went a different direction, and some even provided perspectives resolving potential other similar problems not
thought of initially.

So everyone understands what we are using to resolve:

The F4104 Item Cross Reference allows you to reference the Customer's Part # and bring in the internal Item #. There is a Processing Option in the P4210 that defines the prefix to the F4104, normally a C. During SOE, the P4210 checks the xref. There is also a Processing Option in the R42565 (Invoice Print) that allows either or both Item #'s to be printed.

There is a Customer Master setting that requires a PO # for each customer. If set to required, the system checks for a duplicate PO # and gives a warning at the Header level. Normally, if the PO # is the same for the entire order, it is entered at the Header level and there is a Processing Option that duplicates the PO # to each line on the order, but is still editable.

I will leave this Discussion up for thirty days, so others whom might be experiencing similar problems, can have access to these solutions. I will delete on September 1st 2009.

Have you known of anyone that has made a modification the covert the soft warning to a hard error when the Customer PO is duplicated?

Hi Terry, The po # required can currently be made either a warning or an error, by changing the error level on error message 2597 from a level 2 to a level 1. You can get to the error messages from fast path DD.

A couple of things about this. 1. This is a global change, so would apply to all customers. 2. It's at the bill to level rather then the ship to level.

We had a mod made to change the error to be at the ship to level since we have customers use the same po for multiple locations. It was also modified to look at a cat code on the address book so that the flag could be turned on or off since we also have customers that recycle purchase orders - some in as few as 8 weeks, and while the purchase order # are the same, they aren't dupe's.

Thanks, Kelli

Back