Do Custom Section

jde_x_pert

Well Known Member
List,
Is anyone aware of a problem with Do custom section. I have made a mod and added the system function to DO CUSTOM SECTION and in debugger it hits the step, but does nothing. A SQL Statement doesn't get created in the jdedebug.log.

I made the same mod before and it worked fine.

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

I'm not aware of one. When I had to do a custom report and used the DO
CUSTOM SECTION it worked fine for me. But, we are on SP14.

Jeremey Garcia
Xe SP14 ES - AS/400 CO - AS/400 Deploy - NT Citrix

Hi Jab,

The titles for "Page Break After" and "Conditional" checkboxes are swaped on the Advanced Section Properties screen, see the right gray pane with help for them to check that this it problem on your site too.

This has driven me crazy too some weeks ago. If my memory serves me well, I have already reported this as FYI on both XE forum.

Please, check also SAR# 4945415 "Advanced Properties Group Sect SystemH91" too on the Knowledge Garden.

Hope, could help.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltán,
I think you may have mis-understood my question. I am trying to call a custom section using the system function "Do Custom Section". When I debug it, it does nothing.

Example:
I am reading the sales order detail line (F4211). I then call the custom section Item Availabilty business view that should pull all locations and lots for the item.

Data Selection used on the Item Availability is.

BC Item Short is equal to BC Item Number (F4211) (Global)
And BC Business Unit is equal to BC Business Unit (F4211) (Global)

If the Do CUstom Section works it should atleast create a sQl statement in the JDEDEBUG.LOG

This does not work, but has worked in the past and was wandering if anyone has had a problem with this.

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

Hi Jab,

I amn't sure that I miss-understood your issue. As I mentioned, something similar happened with me too. Debugging the Do Custom Section system function call the conditional section haven't been called but sometimes it was called unexpectedly.

The reason of it was that I have written in my previous reply. It happened on XE SP 15.1.

Please, check the following in RDA:

1.) Call up the Section/Properties/Advanced tab.
2.) Select the Conditional check-box and read its explanation on the right gray side of that screen.
3.) Select the Page Break After check-box and read its explanation on the right gray side of that screen.
4.) Does the explanations match with the check box titles?
5.) Open with RDA an UBE of yours where you have used Conditional section and check which chechbox is marked on the Section/Properties/Advanced tab, Conditional or Page Break After?

Please, try to mark the "Page Break After" properties instead of "Conditional" if you have detected the problem and and test your UBE again.

Do you have any ER in your conditional section at least a comment line? Debugging your UBE does the Do Custom Section really call that section?

Please, check and try that I suggested above and let us know your results. Thanks.

Good luck,
Zoltán

Hi EggSpurt,

Re-read Zoltan's reply. You cannot execute a Custom Section (Do Custom Section) unless the section in question has the "Custom Section" property turned on. XE introduced a bug wherein the name for the "Custom Section" property setting was swapped with another setting - which is what Zoltan is referring to.

Cheers,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

<FONT face=3D"Default Sans Serif, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" si=
m section. In RDA, the section shows up with a "C". If it doesn't then chec=
k the properties. When you go to the "Advanced" tab in the section properti=
es, click on conditionalAND read the descriptionin the right ha=
nd sidewindow. In Xe the descriptions for "Conditional" and "Page Bre=
ak After" are swapped, so make sure that when you checked "Conditional" you=
didn't actually check "Page Break After". If it still doesn't solve the pr=
oblem, make sure you aren't calling the custom section from an Initialize s=
ection of another section.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>MuneebAhmad
=

I think what Zoltán was getting at was for you to check the 'called' section Advanced Properties to be sure it is labeled as Conditional. In order for you to explicitly call a section from another section, the called section must have it's conditional flag turned on. Note that in the earlier SP's of Xe that the correct properly is labeled incorrectly. Zoltán notes this bug in the Advanced Properties tab on certain section types, where the descriptions for the properties 'Conditional' & 'Page Break After' are swapped. So, be sure to check the help description on the right when clicking on the properties to ensure the correct one is selected.

Also, check for valid data - which should be automatic. But, try hard coding the data selection with values you know work on the called section.

srdeprez
XE SP16.1 - Technical / Developer
AS/400 - WinNT

I understand what you are saying now. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

I will re-test and let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

Thanks to everyone for their help. This was the problem.....

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

Re: RE: Do Custom Section

Hi Jeremey,

This issue is SP level dependent and if I am right it come with SP 15.

Regards,
Zoltán

RE: RE: Do Custom Section

I stand corrected. Thank you. We are only on 14.

Jeremey Garcia
Xe SP14 ES - AS/400 CO - AS/400 Deploy - NT Citrix

Re: RE: RE: Do Custom Section

Hi Jeremey,

I didn't corrected you just want to add the information.
On the other hand, do not forget this issue when you go onto a higher level SP. Check this problem immediatially. Believe me, you will spare a lot of head ache. I know it very well, it caused me two terrible days and many gray hair while I figured out what was really the problem. This little bug is really dangerous.

Regards,
Zoltán

Back