DMAAI Number 4310 Invalid

mostafinski

mostafinski

I have a user trying to receive an outside processing PO who gets this error during the receiving process. I checked that the AAI exist for this company and doc type. the GL class codes ar set to ****. There is an AAI set up for cost type A1, D1, D2 and XP A similar PO was received earlier this week with no problems. What am I not seeing here? This is happening in 8.12

One thing you might check is the GL Class Code that is on the Location where you are receiving it in the Location Revisions (even if it is blank). The Location Revisions GL Class Code should be the same as your X item GL Class Code in the Item Branch Plant.

Thanks, I checked that and they match. The AAIs for 4130 for this company had entries for cost types, A1, D1, D2 and XP. I tried adding an AAI with a blank cost type and was able to receive the purchase order. What determines the cost type for an AAI?

Look at the Cost Type (WLCOST) field in the F3112 (in F3112T in older versions). You normally have a D1, D2, D3, etc. in there. That is set in the Work Order Router.

I looked at the router for the work order and the outside operation step had a D1 in the cost type field. That's why I don't understand why the receiving operation is getting an AAI error.

Take a look at the 3401 AAI. When receiving an Outside OP (D1) the 4310, 4320, and 3401 AAI's all hit

Normally, DMAAI 4310 does not have Cost Type in it. I can access 9.0 and it does not show Cost Type on the 4310. I know you said it worked before but normal setup uses only Company, Doc Type, and GL Class as inputs. Were there any modifications? Are they recording cost at Work Center Detail?

The Cost Types are typically only used with the Manufacturing AAI's (3000's).

Try adding an AAI for **** and with no Cost Type Defined. Typically you don't need cost types defined in the DMAAI 4310 unless you are using the product cost detail functionality in distribution. Cost types usually relate to the manufacturing AAI's. There is a processing option in the AAI program that either displays the cost components for distribution or not.

The only 2 AAI's that should be getting hit during PO Receipt for an outside operation PO are the 4310 and the 4320. DMAAI 3401 only gets hit during MFG accounting and its associated to the end item, and its the D1 cost type. This should offset against the 4310 account.

In my earlier post I mentioned that I created an AAI with no cost type and was able to receive the outside processing purchase order. My problem is that we were able to receive these purchase orders previously without having an AAI with no cost type.

Back