• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Display a barcode on an application (FDA, not a BIP report)

czarcasm

Has anyone ever been able to display a barcode on a form? Not using an image, but actually using a text control (or text block) and formatting it as a barcode for display on the app.

Would love to hear what has been done

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
i have a little external server that i can pass a string to and it returns a barcode img - i've used this along with cafeone to get a barcode on the screen that you can scan.

serverurl/?s=12345678&l=250&w=50&e=128&t=true

gives me a 250x50 code128 barcode of 12345678 with the text displayed under the url

Last edited:

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
a barcode is more than just text in a barcode font. it's actually an encoded string that is then barcoded. it's weird.

czarcasm

Hey - just wanted to circle back to this. Couldn't be happier with how that web service works. Thanks for sending that along. I had other priorities that crept in front of this project but just started on it again - works great.