Disconnect Static Text in FDA?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
OK, call me stupid (or one of the many things y'all call me, anyway).

I was asked how to remove the Static Text associated with a field on a form in FDA - not just hide it, but delete it like you would in RDA.

In RDA, you can disconnect the static part of the text, then delete it. In the tools release I'm working in (8.98.1.4) - it doesn't appear you can do that (at least not anymore?).

I'm looking at an existing form - and not all of the Form Controls have static text (some are part of the BSVW and some are not).

Is this something that changed, or am I just trying to do/teach it wrong?

For example, you copy EV01 onto a form. The title (static text) and the variable populate to the screen. I'd rather not 'hide' the Static part - just delete it. If the delete is attempted - I lose both the Static and the variable.

I'm sure this is just my age (not maturity) affecting my mind...

(db)

yes, if you delete without disconnecting first, you'll lose both.

so lemme understand.. are you saying you don't have the "Disconnect" option in your FDA under the "Edit" menu?

Thanks Remo,

My age (or ...) is hitting my mind. Must have been all that Mercury I played with while I was cutting my teeth on the window sill of the old house...

Yes - Disconnect is under the Edit Menu.

Thanks for the refresher....

(db)

glad we got that one solved. now, as for the rest of your issues..
wink.gif

Step 1: Disconnect label and variable field
1A) - Select label (or variable) not both.
1B) - Edit Menu (Disconnect) or Press "CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE"

Step 2: Once disconnected, select label to delete.

We feel his pain
blush.gif

Why is the Disconnect option available in RDA's right-click menu, but mising in FDA's?

Just another one of those Wish_You_Were_Here tunes.

V,

Thanks for the CTRL+SHIFT+Delete.

Twelve years on the tool set, and still forgetting as much as I'm learning...

(db)

Hi Daniel,

[ QUOTE ]
Twelve years on the tool set, and still forgetting as much as I'm learning...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not ask, how many times ten years ago, I started to learn English language for a few monthes at a lovely old lady (2 times an hour in a week) in a "dark" room with heavy curtains on the window.

I still remember a funny poem (at least this), what I have learned in that ancient time. Here it is for you.

The more you study, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you foget.
The more you forget, the less you know.

So, the more you study - the less you know.
Why study?

The less you study, the less you know.
The less you know, the less you foget.
The less you forget, the more you know.

So, the less you study - the more you know.
Why study?

cool.gif

Excuse me this little bit OFF Topic post & Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,

Priceless ~ now I'm going to do something we are never 'supposed' to forget... ride a bike and fetch the dog...

Thank you for the OFF

(db)

lol
laugh.gif

That's embarrassing. I don't know how you can show your face anywhere again.

Mental stability is my trap... I was right-clicking the Hades out of the stupid variable, to no avail...

I guess attendance will either be low, or the attendees will carry throw-able fruit - to my 'Developer Tips / Traps' session at collaborate. Maybe I should just go ahead and cancel - for fear that there will be an empty room for the presentation.

I'm on the Humility Learning Curve, this week....

(db)

[ QUOTE ]

Priceless ~ now I'm going to do something we are never 'supposed' to forget... ride a bike and fetch the dog...

[/ QUOTE ]

since we're waaaaaaaay off topic anyway: is that the Mountain Bike Red 210, or the Touring Bike Blue 221?

Don't worry DB, you're not the only one whose forgot that tip...thanx for the refresh!!

Back