Difference between "Row Exit & Changed - Inline" and Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch

MumbaiBlues

Difference between \"Row Exit & Changed - Inline\" and Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch

Hi All,

Need a favour on this. I had read a nice post with example defining the difference between the events:
Row Exit & Changed - Inline
Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch

Can anybody tell me the difference and use of them.

Regards,
Mumbaiblues

Re: Difference between \"Row Exit & Changed - Inline\" and Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch

Hi Mumbaiblues,

[ QUOTE ]
Can anybody tell me the difference and use of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too long to describe it here.
You can find most of the answers in the Developer's manul and more in the on-line help (at least on XE SP 23).

Regards,

Zoltán

Re: Difference between \"Row Exit & Changed - Inline\" and Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch

Go on about your business while I answer your post asynchronously. . . . .

MumbaiBlues,

The following has been copied and slightly changed from a post (132679) I made on 1st May 2008.

When processing the Row Exit & Changed - Inline ER, the system will not process anything else in the App or UBE until processing the Change-Inline ER is complete.

When processing the Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch ER, the system will NOT WAIT to process anything else in the App or UBE until processing the Change-Asynch ER is complete. It will process both threads simultaneously (ie. at the same time)

The Row Exit & Changed - Inline event is a synchronous event and the Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch is an asynchronous event. The words synchronous and asynchronous have three parts -
a - which alters the meaning to not or without.
syn - means the same
chronous - of or pertaining to time order.
Thus their meanings are:
synchronous - the same time order
asynchronous - not the same time order

Hi All,

Zoltan : I dont have the XE e-guide with me now. In 8.96 its defined as :
Row Exit & Changed - Inline

This event fires after Row is Exited if the grid is an update grid and the row has been changed since the last time the row was exited.

Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch

This event fires after Row Exit & Changed - Inline if the grid is losing focus, or if another row is entered. Row is Exited & Changed - Asynch is equivalent to validating the contents of the row. It is often used for the Edit Line master business function.

Whippingboy
Waiting for your reply asynchronously
smile.gif

Peterbruce
Thanks for sucha good explanation.I was wondering if both events get triggered when there is a change in the grid then what is the diff exactly.
Thanks once again..

Have a lovely weekend!

Regards,
Mumbaiblues

Hi MumbaiBlues,

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if both events get triggered when there is a change in the grid then what is the diff exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, both event will be fired when change was on the row and the row lose the focus anyway, but In-Line will be the first, and nothing else precessing won't be occur while it is running - including that do user lose the input focus for this time and can not continue the interactive work.

Ehen an Asynch event is running, then the user get back the input focus and can continue the interactive work, which can trigger othe Sync and Asynch event.

There is only one Async excution thread (at least in XE), so only one Async event can run in the same time, the others will be wait for execution in a queue.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont have the XE e-guide with me now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can download it free from Oracle:

JD Edwards EntepriseOne Xe Guides

Regards,

Zoltán

Back