Developing in current .NET platforms?

earthdog

earthdog

Hi All!

Is there a way where i can utilize c# and latest visual studio to develop applications for JDE?

I mean except just direct database access. I want to leverage BSFN directly from .NET applications.

Look at the interop guide. You can use XML Call Object or Business Services (Web services).

From a fast survey, i saw that it works but i dont know how concurrency and transaction are being handled...

Also i found out about Aellius and Microsoft BizTalk server..

Any opinions on these? or something else?

There is a more convenient way in my opinion (for some scenarius).
Wrap business function call into a single rest web service and from .net access only the rest webservice (throug json).
This speed up the dev on the .net side and is much more faster (in terms of performance and dev time) on the jde side.

I know Alex just implemented a service like this, so you can just buy it.

The only disadvantage is that you can't reuse existing business services(even if it's not totally true).

There is a more convenient way in my opinion (for some scenarius).
Wrap business function call into a single rest web service and from .net access only the rest webservice (throug json).
This speed up the dev on the .net side and is much more faster (in terms of performance and dev time) on the jde side.

I know Alex just implemented a service like this, so you can just buy it.

The only disadvantage is that you can't reuse existing business services(even if it's not totally true).

I like the web service , and i can use it for multiple front end needs, but even with that solution , the web service itself how will do the actual implementation? By XML Call Object as Brian says above? Or i am missing something?

Also i need to access not only the standard BSFN but my localized or custom ones. I suppose this is not an issue...

Alex? I am sorry but i am not so active user here , so i don't know Alex. :eek:

Not worked much on .NET but if your solution has multiple transaction points in one set then you might have problems in fine tuniing the integrations. I worked on Dynamic connectors long ago not sure if its still used but had lot of issue that time in connections and DB commit & rollbacks. Biztalk servers are also a better option. You might also want to check on consuming external web service thru C in JDE. Business service is JDE native solution and you can wrap all standard and custom objects thru web service use it with RTEs and you can have a full integration solution.

Chan, I have xmlcallobject, Java Dynamic Connector , BSSV standalone e SOA all working well.
BSSV are standard JAX-WS web service, they introduce a lot of features but a lot of overhead and complexity too, so you should have a valid requirement for this.
Adding an integration server make no sense; they own the .net code and they own the jde code too, there are only two partner in the integration and no complex routing/messaging involved; so just add more complex code/server/cost to the project (and I don' want to go through the micro service integration trend and the open source alternative). The same for real time event processing.

Take a look at LynX Business Integrator - 100% .NET based and Oracle Validated - call business functions, table i/o, media objects, reports and transactions all in C#. Check out our YouTube channel for demos and more: http://youtube.com/aelliuslynx. Product Page: http://www.aellius.com/products/lynx-business-integrator/

I am already on it. Thanks!

Check out this post http://stackoverflow.com/questions/84885/jdedwards-xmlinterop

You would have to roll your own webservice that "hides" the xml callobject stuff.

I've personally done something similair with a java jax-ws web service. I abstracted all the xml and created a web service, then they add a web reference to their .net project.

Yes i have seen that , but i have read also that i will have hard time to manage issues regarding concurrency and transactions (rollback e.t.c)....

Well, from my experience there are only 2 way to interact with JDE realtime that get Oracle Validation. One is xml interoperability, and the second is Business services. (z-tables don't count)

If this Lynx product isn't requiring you to install a business services server, than I would guess it's just a wrapper around the xml interop jde.

I'm sure you found this document about xml interop and transactions

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17984_01/doc.898/e14711/understnd_xml.htm

LynX Business Integrator does not use XML Interop or any of the commonly used interop methods (including business services). It is built from the ground up and calls JDE API directly, which is why it can do table inserts, updates and deletes (XML interop cannot do that unless you wrap those operations in business functions, last time I checked - please correct me if this is not the case).

Last edited:
Table IO is not possible(as for as I know). I would argue that it's on purpose. Very interesting product. Does your "Integration Server" require an instance of EnterpriseOne?

Last edited:
Yes, it requires an instance of E1 as everything (that pertains to E1) goes through the application layer.

Back