Determining IP Address of Execution Host

RWayne

I have spec'ed out a business function to retrieve the IP address of the machine (server or client) executing a business function.

However, instead of writing this one from scratch and having another object for the client to have to maintain, I was wondering if anyone has come across an existing business function that already provides this information. I've found a few that came close.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Roby

i didn't write a specific for this. Prefer use an api like jdeGetHostIp ( somethis like that as i write from hone not from desk but you can search it into jde's api help file).

Can you give me the names of Business functions that u found out to be close that gives the name of the local machine while i m executing the application or report on the server
As i am having the same requirement .

arj,

Take a look at "Get Local Conmputer ID" in B9800181 "Environment List Business Functions" BSFN source modul.

Regards,

Zoltán

zoltan ..thanks for the reply but .. i run the application from web.I want a BSFN which will retrieve the IP address of the local client from which i connect to the web client. r u aware of any such BSFN

Thanks again

In cjdenet.h
/* returns host IP of connected socket */
unsigned long GetHostIP();

[ QUOTE ]
In cjdenet.h
/* returns host IP of connected socket */
unsigned long GetHostIP();

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I am trying to use this function but could not find any information anywhere. All I have is only the header file. Can you please throw some light on this.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Back