Depreciation error:Error Description: Functional Server Edit Routine Error

Haynal

Hi
I ran the depreciation for an asset and I had the following error message:Error Description: Functional Server Edit Routine Error. I have seen in knowledge garden the possible causes could be
1.Running depreciation for prior period
2.Running depreciation for a prior year
I have checked and ensure that this is not the case but I still get the same error messages and I get this issue for only 1 company.
Can anyone help please?

Rgds
Haynal

Haynal,

the error message you are mentioning is probably coming from F0911FSEditLine BSFN.
You should look at your Work Center to better realize what's going on.

For example:
* depreciation expence account is setup as 'non-posting' / 'inactive' ?
* depreciation expence account is setup as 'cost-object mandatory' and you don't have any cost objects in your DP transaction ?
... etc.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Carlo

Thanks Carlo.

Yes indeed it concerns the BSFN edit line in F0911. I have checked the work centre and it says Fiscal Year/Date pattern invalid.

I have added new fiscal years and created new assets but I still get the same error messages. I have done several implementation but this is the first time I have come across this error and the strange thing about it is that I have it only for 1 company.

Regards
Haynal

Haynal,

do you have one ledger type only in your F1202 ?
Are we talking about AA ledger type ?

Please double-check your date pattern setup (should be blank) in your P12851 setup (Depreciation Rules).

If you are not able to find out a solution, you can easily run R12855 with tracelog activate and look at "F0911 Edit Line" BSFN inside the log.

Kind Regards,

Carlo

Haynal,

please also mind the date pattern override you may have at ledger type level:
see P0025 -> Fixed Asset Rules -> "Override Date Pattern" (W0025GB - ODPN data alias within F0025).

Kind Regards,

Carlo

Thanks a lot Carlo.

The issue was with the cost objects. I have done the necessary setup and am now able to run the depreciation correctly.

Regards
Haynal

Hi Haynal,

I'm facing the same issue did the necessary set up but still encountering with this error. May I know what set up you did?

Thanks,
Vandana

Back