Deploying to Deployment Server

Jack_Crouch

Well Known Member
With XE we set up a package build workstation to do all our building. With 9.0 I am using the Deployment Server to build packages and DEP900. Seems like the "proper" thing to do.

So during deployment, I can choose to deploy a package to the deployment server. I guess if I log in to PS900 or DV900 on the deployment server I might want to use the "new" package. So that is why I might do that.

I am confused because it seems like the \PS900\bin32 and \PS900\source directories all contain recently built DLLs/source it in right after the build (prior to deployment). Of course the package directories (\PS900\PACKAGE\PS900FB) have the new stuff too. It is as if the build process is using both sets of directories.

So what does the "deployment to deployment server" really even do?

With release 9, I am still trying to figure out what "specs" I really have in play. Especially on the deployment server. Only the package directory has the mdf spec DB. But that may be a separate question.

Hi,

Never NEVER deploy any package to your Deployment Server!
I don't know why you have that option there, unless it
refers to Secondary Deployment Servers.

Thanks... The forbidden fruit. Just makes me want to deploy to the deployment server all the more.

Back