Demo install: Error opening Web Browser (E1 BrowserMenu) from JDE Solution Explorer

rjcrock

Oracle Virtual Box VM on a MacBook
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
JDE Demo Tools Release 9.1.5.0

Getting the "“Could not start web server”, followed by “Could not find Webserver, followed by "Failed to Launch E1 Menu on HTML Engine”

Originally installed JDK 7 u80 64 bit, then uninstalled and installed JDK7 u21 64 bit because I have it working on another machine but no luck.
I have gone through the files listed below and changed local, localhost to my hostname.
JDE.INI (C:\Windows\JDE.ini),
JAS.ini :).....\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes\JAS.ini), and
JDBJ.ini (:).....\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes\JDBJ.ini)

Getting these errors in c:\JDEdwards\E910_1\system\OCJ4\j2ee\home\log\ocj4\log.xml

<PAYLOAD>
<MSG_TEXT>ServerFile[PersistentMap,/C:/JDEdwards/E910_1/system/OC4J/j2ee/home/persistence/jms.state]: persistence file could not be locked. Resolve the sharing violation by ending the process currently holding the file lock or by using a different persistence directory for one or both processes.</MSG_TEXT>
</PAYLOAD>

<PAYLOAD>
<MSG_TEXT>Failed to set the internal configuration of the OC4J JMS Server with: XMLJMSServerConfig[file:/C:/JDEdwards/E910_1/system/OC4J/j2ee/home/config/jms.xml]</MSG_TEXT>

<PAYLOAD>
<MSG_TEXT>Exception starting JMS server: Failed to set the internal configuration of the OC4J JMS Server with: XMLJMSServerConfig[file:/C:/JDEdwards/E910_1/system/OC4J/j2ee/home/config/jms.xml]</MSG_TEXT>
</PAYLOAD>

<PAYLOAD>
<MSG_TEXT>Error starting ORMI server Richard-MacBook port 23,791: Address already in use: JVM_Bind</MSG_TEXT>
</PAYLOAD>

Last edited:
You might not have the PATH setup correctly to point to the java.exe in the JDK - it might be trying to start the JRE java.exe. Make sure that the path to the JDK is the FIRST thing on the system environment variable, if that is where your issue lies. Also - you want to install the latest JDK 8 - it works fine with 9.1.5.x and is a lot more secure.

Path changes

Hi Jon, thanks for replying. Followed your suggestion but no luck. Checked my other machine and used that path after verifying directory structure was the same. No luck. java and javac are in app\Richard\product\11.2.0\client_1\jdk\bin , so I added that to the path at beginning but then it could not find security server, so had to change back. Also tried other combinations in the path but always the same error. The instructions I followed to install "DEMO" made no mention of JDK. When I look in app\Richard\product\11.2.0\client_1\jdk\bin the version of java, javac is 5.0.170.3 so I guess it was included with the initial install. I can see the JDK that I downloaded (7.0.210.11) in c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin . I recall the first time I tried to run "EnterpriseOne Menu" I got the same error and that is when I downloaded the new JDK. If you have any other thoughts on this or questions I am happy to hear them. Thanks again.

Back