Demand Quantity

sniru9

Hi There,

I need demand quantity in my report.I am using business function B3400310 to build the F4021W work file and then using fetch next to get demand quantity.It is not working properly.Need the information showing on Supply/Demand enquiry screen for an item and branch.Any suggestions Please.

Thanks
Niru
One World Xe
Windows 2000 Sun Oracle 8i

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sniru9 on 4/16/01 10:31 AM.</FONT></P>

Hi List,

How to get 'Demand' for an item in my report. Any idea please?
I appreciate your quick response.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Niru
One World Xe
Windows 2000 SunSolaris Oracle 8i

Do you need Detail Demand information (each SO / WO)or just summary demand (total by Item/Branch)?

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
SandBox: OneWorld XE SP13

did you look at R4051 to see its usage of B3400310?

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6

Hi Larry,

I need Summary information(Demand).
Thanks for your response.

Thanks

Niru
One World Xe
Windows 2000 SunSolaris Oracle 8i

Larry,

In R4051 B3400310 is used in different modes, I am not sure in which mode I have to use and many parameters were passed to it.Any idea?

Thanks
Niru
One World Xe
Windows 2000, Sun Solaris, Oracle 8i

Niru,

consider gathering this information from the Item Locations table quantity buckets (F41021). Summary values are stored/updated there. Look at Item Availability - P41202 - Detail Availability, to see what I mean.

Caveats are:
1) You need to sum all location records for an Item/branch to get your totals (not too bad).
2) You'll need to run the "RePost" ube's for SOs, POs, and WOs (R42995, R43990, and R3190) regularly in order to ensure that the location buckets stay in-synch/correct (they get out-of-synch when updates crash).
3) If WOs, SOs, or POs reference non-existent locations then F41021 will not reflect the supply and/or demand for those entries.

Still, this approach works for us after we addressed #3 above.

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6

Niru,

You may no longer need the below if you can use F41021 (see my previous post). If you still need B3400310 I suggest you read the code to understand it and see what it does. Even documentation only reflects the documentor's understanding.

I strongly suggest you look at the places that use B3400310 such as R4051 and P4021 to get the correct parameter settings. You'll see that its necessary to call it once (at the beginning of your program) with a mode = '1' to have it open the tables it needs. You'll need to call it again with a mode = '3' at the end of your program to close all of the tables.

For each part/item you want to process call with a mode = '2' to populate the work table with entries just for that item. After calling with mode = '2' you should do your select, fetch next, and process loop against the F4021W table until no more records exist for that item.

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your help. I copied R4051 and made necessary changes according to the requirements. It is working fine. It is using business function B3400310(your solution no 2). I even tried to use the F41021 to get the demand quantity but it was not accurate.
Thanks for your help.

Long live list

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks
Niru
One World Xe
Windows 2000, Sun Solaris, Oracle 8i

Back