Delete by BSVW

farhaad_buksh

Hi,

Has anyone used the Table I/O option in ER and attached a BSVW to perform a delete?? For eg. Select the BSVW V03B21G from the Table I/O to delete records. This BSVW is a Header Detail view over F03B20 and F03B21. I was hoping that I could pass in the key for the header in the delete function and it would delete the header and the detail records. But it doesnt seem to work like that.

Has anyone used BSVW's to delete related records??

Thanks

Farhaad
XE,SQL, NT

Farhaad,
Let me some question.

1.) Have you specified all fields of the primary unique key in the selection part of Delete?
2.) What was the result of the Delete statement? Were only the header records deleted for example?

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Thanks for your reply Zoltan.

Since the delete is against the header and detail and I wish to delete the header records and any related detail records, I only pass in the primary key values for the Header record. The result is, it deletes the header record and leaves the detail records.

I've looked at the logs and it appears that it loses the key values when it attempts to delete from the detail table. It might be that even though you are allowed to do it, its not supported. I wonder if it was available pre XE?

thanks

regards
Farhaad
XE, SQL, NT

Back