Delete and a Headerless detail form in JDE 8.0 SP 24

pbare

Well Known Member
I have been asked if I can create a "Save" button on my application so that the user can make several changes, press Save and continue working (rather than pressing the OK button and having the form close)

I have everything else working except for the delete functionality. So far I haven't figured out a way to know that the user has deleted the record from the grid

I am using the standard JDE Delete button. When the user clicks on it, the record disappears but when they click my save button the record returns.

Is there some way that I can "commit" the delete from within my button (I know they are deleted officially once the OK button is pressed.)

I tried setting a flag on the line but of course when I go through the grid, the record doesn't actually exist.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
Pam

Not sure how your save button works. If using power forms, have the save button press the OK button and then look into the system func "Set Save Behavior on OK"

Pam,

There are two things:

1. You can achieve the "Save and Continue" on OK button by using "Set Save Behavior on OK" (I have used it in 8.12 and 9.0. Not sure if it existed in 8.0. Please check.) system function. You need to use this function once before the OK button is pressed for the first time for example on "Dialog is initialized" and then again on "Post Button Clicked" of OK for subsequent clicks on OK.

2. For "Delete" to work the way you are expecting it, press button OK on "Button Clicked" event of Delete button. You can also have a "Press Button Find" on OK to have the form refreshed after the delete.

Hope this helps.

Back