Decision - JDE Enterprise One E810 Upgrade to 9.0 Vs Feasibility of a New Projects in E810

Re: Decision - JDE Enterprise One E810 Upgrade to 9.0 Vs Feasibility of a New Projects in E810

It can run 8.98.1.4. I know because I was running E810 earlier this year on that pak,ad that is the last supported tools for E810.

Your in a technical forumn so you have to discount my understandings of MCUs but aren't they just General ledger designs. I mean I know you have to populate them though the entire ERP, but if you have a current ledger, adding more MCUS would just make it larger, not more complex.

So to me asking weather you should keep your business going or do some work around for the months why the upgrade is going on doesn't seem related, just sounds like procrastination. I am on E9.0.2 and was on E810 before. As we were already on 8.98.1.4 it almost looks the same. Now I had to do a bunch of work to get it to run on Windows 2008 from 2003, but to me the system seems the same design, just more bug fixes. I think I have 720 patches installed.

So I would continue with business, E810 was a fine release for our business. It's not the best, but it's stable. I think the major baseslines for E810 where in Payroll and Sales/Purchasing

[ QUOTE ]
It all depends on timelines and when it is desired to integrate the new business units.

Although 8.10 is unsupported it still works and runs many businesses. All of the past software updates are still available under Oracle's Lifetime Support policy. Also you are supported up to tools 8.98.1 (or 8.98.2 .........can't remember).

Also consider that your company is not in the "IT Business" but in some other dicipline and the business goals out weight the IT goals. So while all us propleer heads will scream "it's not supported" the essential question is "will it work" and the answer is undoubtly "yes".

If you have the time, money, appetite and collective buy in then by all means go ahead and upgrade first but more than likely there is a rapid timeline that someone upstairs wants to see happen.

Likely better to be the "IT hero" here and point out ALL the pro's and con's of the 8.10 and the 9.0 option. Or perhaps even bring the new companies in now and upgrade to 9.1 year.

Colin

[/ QUOTE ]

Back