Decimals

Angie

In our Manufacturing and Distribution modules we would like to change the quantity and amount fields to 4 decimals. Does anyone know how to identify all of the aliases that would be associated with those two fields for both modules? We have currently made a few changes through the data dictionary to some aliases but would need to make sure we have all of the fields.

Angie,

Within the Data Dictionary, the item class field defines the quantity and amount fields with their display default values. This is a carryover from World. You can create a report to display these fields.

If you are co-existent, under Inventory Technical & Advanced options, there is a job that allows you to update all data items (Quantity or Amounts) in batch mode. If you are already live, it will convert the production data. There is not such a job in OneWorld.

Before making any changes, be sure and backup your data so you can reset the fields if you don't like the results.

Mike Dupaix
JDE Certified Professional
(630) 904-5373 – Office/Fax
(630) 750-2500 - Cell

Angie,

Search the knowledge garden for the document titled "OneWorld Display Decimal Changes". This tells you what you need to know.

One thing to watch out for. If you already have data then increasing the number of decimal places in the DD just moves the decimal to the left on existing quantities. For example 1,235 would become .1235.

regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6

The procedure is documented in the OneWorld System Administration manual
(available through the online helps). Under Data Dictionary Administration
is a section called Updating Data Display Decimals. Changing decimals on
quantity fields is supported in the software. See UDC 40/D1. However,
there is no officially supported list of unit price and cost fields. There
is an unofficial list which the Distribution Response line can fax to you.
Its difficult to read, so if you like I can send you a copy.

Andy Klee

Klee Associates
J.D. Edwards Certified Professional
Voice: (970) 856-4811
Cel: (203) 223-5216
www.JDETips.com

AW: Decimals

I would recommend the reports delivered by JDE: R9200100.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:eek:[email protected]]Im
Auftrag von Angie
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2001 20:43
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Decimals ~~0:4521

In our Manufacturing and Distribution modules we would like to change the
quantity and amount fields to 4 decimals. Does anyone know how to identify
all of the aliases that would be associated with those two fields for both
modules? We have currently made a few changes through the data dictionary
to some aliases but would need to make sure we have all of the fields.

--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=4
This is the JDEList One World / XE Mailing List.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com

Re: RE: Decimals

Andy,

I would very much appreciate if you could send me a copy of the listing that you mentioned. My email is [email protected] or fax is 215-393-5126.

Thank you for your help.

Angie

Hi Angie,
we changed OPV DD from 0 to 3.
I read that there Changing decimals on
quantity fields is supported in the software. See UDC 40/D1. However,There
is an unofficial list. Could you send me a copy?

Re: Quantity Decimals

On 8.11 is there a program that will change the data in history, transaction, and master files so that if you change the quantity decimals, the data itself is updated? Or is that still a custom job? Has anyone done it on a custom basis?

Client wants to change all quantity fields from 0 to 2 decimals. We know the DD can be changed, but can the data already in the system be automatically updated?

Thanks!

Andy

Have you had a chance to look at the ube R30QNTY? I am not sure but it seems
like it takes care of the data updates. I will be curious to know the
results.

Madhu

--
Thanks,
Madhu

Andy -

If you perform a cross-reference and thoroughly check that the data dictionary has been updated everywhere (and yes, you need to check everywhere the data dictionary MIGHT be updating aliases not directly connected - hence the issues much of the time) - then why not just write some SQL to multiply everything by 100 ?

The issue isn't really the data in one table that causes the problem with DD display decimal changes - but all the other places that programs use (including temporary and historical files) which might be affected.

Hence the reason the normal cry is "don't change display decimals if data is populated". Not that it isn't possible. Whatever you do, make sure you test,test,test and then test some more....it's only your testing that will denote whether the change is successful or not.

What is their platform?

I did this some 5-6 times before on a fixed-price basis...

Back