E9.2 Decimal Separator Issue - Language Level

hdp123

Hello All,
I have an issue on the decimal separators. We have the JDE users with 'English' language having decimal separator as dot(.) while the 'German' language users have the decimal separator as comma (,).
The German users too need the separator to be shown as a dot(.) instead of a comma. I know we could change the setup at User level using P0092. But, is there a way we could do it at a language level? Any suggestions?
Thank You.

Not that I know of. User preferences are the way to do this. This isn't something we secure here, so the user can pick the format they prefer.

Tom

Depending on where this is needed, the answer to where it chooses , or . is in F00921.ULDECF
DECF is governed by UDC H98 DE

BSFN N76A0710 gets this on my 9.0 system. So you could change the German users profiles to have a blank in that field (I suspect it will be ,) or force to to .

So you could change it globally or you can change the answer in the code that BSFN gets back for their profiles. Or even modify the BSFN that if they are German always bring back the . (this then becomes global)

But check your debuglogs to see if this BSFN is being called in their sessions

Not that I know of. User preferences are the way to do this. This isn't something we secure here, so the user can pick the format they prefer.

Tom
Thanks for your reply. That is one way we'll do if language level is not possible..

Depending on where this is needed, the answer to where it chooses , or . is in F00921.ULDECF
DECF is governed by UDC H98 DE

BSFN N76A0710 gets this on my 9.0 system. So you could change the German users profiles to have a blank in that field (I suspect it will be ,) or force to to .

So you could change it globally or you can change the answer in the code that BSFN gets back for their profiles. Or even modify the BSFN that if they are German always bring back the . (this then becomes global)

But check your debuglogs to see if this BSFN is being called in their sessions
Thanks for your reply. Without a BSFN update, you think if we can set it up on application.

Thanks for your reply. Without a BSFN update, you think if we can set it up on application.
I don't understand your question, sorry.

You need to check your logs to see where it's getting the decimal separator from as I think it's a session based decision. So I dont' know how an application is going to help there.

Where exactly are you seeing this problem? In an application/s or a UBE output?

Back