Decide to choose Competency Management ?

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
I just want the following,
- Yearly, employees need to fill a form to rate himself/herself on two categories,
a. Performance
1. Criteria 1 (1 to 5)
2. Criteria 2 (1 to 5)
3. Criteria 3 (1 to 5)
4. Criteria 4 (1 to 5)
5. Criteria 5 (1 to 5)

b. Behavior
1. Criteria 1 (1 to 5)
2. Criteria 2 (1 to 5)
3. Criteria 3 (1 to 5)
4. Criteria 4 (1 to 5)
5. Criteria 5 (1 to 5)
6. Criteria 6 (1 to 5)

Then the manager need to review/update/approve the ratings.
In additions to the above, the employee also need to give details of his/her goals.

I searched over the web with caption "Performance Management in JDE 8.12". But all the links goes to "Performance Appraisal".
Later, I identified that my requirement comes under "Competency Management" in JDE. But Competency Management is specific to jobs(like Skill Competency, Training Competency etc. UDC 05/CY).

Can I add my own Competency Type 101 Performance, 102 Behavior to this UDC 05/CY and then customize? I am little bit confused :(

Last edited:
401 views until 22/12/2014, but no comments. Am I missing something or isn't it belongs to the forum ?

I think your question is a bit vague. Certainly you can modify the UDC table and customize, but that could mean almost anything without more context.
I've worked a little with the HR module but not enough to know the screens and all the functionality, but I presume you are referring to a standard screen somewhere that you think is "almost" what you want.

Certainly, the basic spec you provide would be fairly straightforward to code as a standalone thing, but again I would presume there are other requirements to report the data or plug it in somewhere meaningful.

Hello Rauf,

I think that you should ask in a functional forum. I don't see a technical problem in your issue.

BR,

Luis.

Back