• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Decide to choose Competency Management ?

Rauf

VIP Member
I just want the following,
- Yearly, employees need to fill a form to rate himself/herself on two categories,
a. Performance
1. Criteria 1 (1 to 5)
2. Criteria 2 (1 to 5)
3. Criteria 3 (1 to 5)
4. Criteria 4 (1 to 5)
5. Criteria 5 (1 to 5)

b. Behavior
1. Criteria 1 (1 to 5)
2. Criteria 2 (1 to 5)
3. Criteria 3 (1 to 5)
4. Criteria 4 (1 to 5)
5. Criteria 5 (1 to 5)
6. Criteria 6 (1 to 5)

Then the manager need to review/update/approve the ratings.
In additions to the above, the employee also need to give details of his/her goals.

I searched over the web with caption "Performance Management in JDE 8.12". But all the links goes to "Performance Appraisal".
Later, I identified that my requirement comes under "Competency Management" in JDE. But Competency Management is specific to jobs(like Skill Competency, Training Competency etc. UDC 05/CY).

Can I add my own Competency Type 101 Performance, 102 Behavior to this UDC 05/CY and then customize? I am little bit confused :(

Last edited:

Rauf

VIP Member
401 views until 22/12/2014, but no comments. Am I missing something or isn't it belongs to the forum ?

David Robertson

Reputable Poster
I think your question is a bit vague. Certainly you can modify the UDC table and customize, but that could mean almost anything without more context.
I've worked a little with the HR module but not enough to know the screens and all the functionality, but I presume you are referring to a standard screen somewhere that you think is "almost" what you want.

Certainly, the basic spec you provide would be fairly straightforward to code as a standalone thing, but again I would presume there are other requirements to report the data or plug it in somewhere meaningful.

lmujica

Hello Rauf,

I think that you should ask in a functional forum. I don't see a technical problem in your issue.

BR,

Luis.