Debugging C BSFN in E9.1

patcc

Well Known Member
I am currently debugging a C BSFN in JDE E9.1 using Microsoft Studio 2010. However, I can see some strange behaviour from the debugger.

Firstly, while debugging, I see that it is not stepping through each line within the BSFN. It is skipping few lines each time and it seems to randomly skip lines.

Secondly, I cannot view certain variables in the watch window. It says that it cannot recognise the variable.

Has anyone encountered such problem when debugging C BSFN in E9.1?

Is it that visual studio 2010 is not compatible with E9.1??

Thanks for your help.

Rebuild the BSFN. Sounds like the compiled code doesn't match the source.

I have rebuilt the bsfn but still the same problem.

Do you know if there are any settings that I can check to ensure that the bsfn is being built properly?

Thanks

Did you open the C file from the same environment that you are working in? I have opened a C file from a different environment than I was logged into before.

Is this a NER or a C BSFN? Are you building the BSFN from OMW or launching Busbuild and building from within Busbuild? If launching Busbuild are you launching from OMW or by launching Busbuild.exe. Are you completely exiting activeconsole.exe and making sure the process terminates before trying to debug? Although, probably not technically necessary I always exit activeconsole.exe after building a BSFN.

If it is a C BSFN, you might need to "touch" the file to get a new date/time stamp on the file. I usually just edit a /*******/ line by removing a * and then putting it back. Also, if it is a C BSFN, try adding some code that won't compile and then building and see if you get errors just to make sure that you have the correct file open in VS.

Back