Date problems

fee1066

Member
Hello all. HELP! Our company (manufacturing) went live in November 2008. My job function has evolved and I now process the sales orders, ensuring work orders have BOM's and Routers etc. We've discovered that there's a problem with dates! and can't seem to get to the bottom of it. We don't know if the problem starts with whoever is entering the sales order and they're not putting in the correct dates (if any). I needed to change the Scheduled Pick Dates of work orders because they're coming out with the same date as the Scheduled Delivery Date of the sales order when you look in the Supply and Demand screen. Piece parts are not too much of a problem, but for complete tools, I needed to put back the Scheduled Pick Date by approximately two weeks in order to give our Assembly time to assemble and test prior to despatch. I change this and sometimes it works, but sometimes it comes up with an error code of "invalid work order number" and therefore I can't change the date. I only just found out two weeks ago that the Scheduled Pick Date could be changed, so therefore everything that's been entered from November until two weeks ago is all over the place. The supply and demand is a mess.

On work orders, if an assembly is ordered, the sales order line (most of the time) shows it as a line type W (but sometimes S. Work orders are sometimes linked with the lines on the sales order, but this is not always the case.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit complicated, but I hope someone has encountered this problem before and can offer some advise.

Like I said, we don't know if the problem starts from the entry of the sales order or if it has something to do with system generated lead times.

I would be grateful for any advise you have to offer.

Many Thanks

Fee
 
Top