Date Format on Reports

alan_watt

This may be obvious, but...

I've got a customer that has a site in the UK and another in the USA. We need to produce reports that have a common date format, i.e. dd-MMM-yy (16-AUG-01). The Report Writer appears to pick up the Regional Settings from the workstation and attempts to convert into "short date" format, but does not appear to recognise this format if it's anything other than dd/mm/yy.

I don't really want to have to resort to C++ or API calling if I can help it. Nor do I really want to have to go through every report to put in ER to convert the date somehow.

The customer is using OneWorld B733.1 SP15, but I've tried it in Xe as well.

Am I missing something?

... Alan =8^)

Hi Alan,

Have you tried to set the Date Format in the User Profile in OW?
Although it doesn't contains (at least in our configuration) the "dd-MMM-yy" format but contains the "DD-MM-YY" (16-08-01) format. Perhaps it could be a partial solution for you.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Oooops!
Excuse me. Omit my previuous reply. I just re-read Alan's original issue and have seen, that DD-MM-YY isn't a solution for him.
Excuse me again, please.
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Thanks for your efforts Zoltan... The US guys have actually now decided just to use the User Profile option, i.e. change to mm-dd-yy for their guys.

... Alan =8^)

Just watch out for UBE's submitted by a USA profile, and delivered to a UK user (maybe jobs run in the scheduler).

This is actually a very good point for multinational companies. I've worked in 4 different date formats in different countries (dd/mm/yy, mm/dd/yy, yy/mm/dd and Japanese era), all of which JDE happily supports at a user level, by using the julian format internally, and converting as required.

What they don't support is a format that is obvious, no matter what date format you are used to (such as the 21-DEC-2001 type suggested).

Back