Data selection on the report using LIKE operator

srired

Hi all

We have requirement to filter the data selection(Report has a View - Join of F03B11/F0101) based on the F0101.Alph starting with some text as in "JOHN". We need to filter all the records starting with JOHN. We could not find any LIKE operator in data selection.

Is there any way we can set it in Data selection at Design level or even using Append selection system functions.

Can any one suggest how to solve this. We are in 8.10 version.

Thanks in Advance
Srired

You dont have such thing in JDE UBE Data Selection.
You may have to Write logic in the Do Section to look for the Text and based on that Suppress/Show Section.

You can choose to Call Stored procedures passing that value and populate a work table and from there you can show your data on the report,but i dont think you will take that route.

Hi Srired,

Can you use alph >= "JOHN" AND alph < "JOHO"?

Hope this helps,

Bojan

This (LIKE operator) would be a good idea for a enhancement request to Oracle.

These type of enhancements can be submitted through the Technology Sig at QuestDirect.org.

I have often wondered why JDE/Oracle dosen't provide the same level of options in the ER version of table I/O and in the data selection on UBEs that they do in the C JDEBASE api.

The like operator and brackets for example.

I had hoped that Oracle would step up to the plate there. I'm still hoping but it doesn't matter much right now, being stuck on Xe.

I think this must be because some of that does not work on WEB, i.e.: there are no brackets there...

Back