Data Selection chooses wrong data

JDE_MP

Hi Listers,

I have a requirement from client. Need my data selection in the following way:

(UPMJ greater than equal to ProcessingOption.BeginDate AND UPMJ less than equal to ProcessingOption.EndDate)
AND
(TNAC = UA OR TNAC = UB)

I framed the following logic for data selection:

Set Selection Append Flag(<Yes>)
Set User Selection(UPMJ, <Greater Than or Equal To>, PO jdBeginningDate_DTBG, <And>)
Set User Selection(UPMJ, <Less Than or Equal To>, PO jdEndDate_TREN, <And>)
Set User Selection(BC Transaction Action (F03012Z1)(TNAC), <Equal To>, "UB", <And>)
Set User Selection(BC Transaction Action (F03012Z1)(TNAC), <Equal To>, "UA", <Or>)

It does not work as expected. So I tried it in the following way:
Set User Selection(UPMJ, <Greater Than or Equal To>, PO jdBeginningDate_DTBG, <And>)
Set User Selection(BC Transaction Action (F03012Z1)(TNAC), <Equal To>, "UB", <And>)
//
Set User Selection(UPMJ, <Greater Than or Equal To>, PO jdBeginningDate_DTBG, <Or>)
Set User Selection(BC Transaction Action (F03012Z1)(TNAC), <Equal To>, "UA", <And>)

This works properly. I know this has been discussed earlier many times.
But is it possible to avoid this repetition and get my selection right? Coz I have to repeat this selection for 2 more tables in the section.

Help appreciated.
Thanks.

Mayus24

(UPMJ greater than equal to ProcessingOption.BeginDate AND UPMJ less than equal to ProcessingOption.EndDate)
AND
(TNAC = UA OR TNAC = UB)

But is it possible to avoid this repetition and get my selection right? Coz I have to repeat this selection for 2 more tables in the section.

The answer is no, in ER anyway. In your description of the selection that you want, you have brackets around the "OR" clause (the first set of brackets aren't needed). There is no facility for brackets in ER (though many of us wish there was), so it has to done the long way, using repetition.

Mayus24
There is no facility for brackets in ER (though many of us wish there was), so it has to done the long way, using repetition.

Technically, depending on your tools release, there actually is one for APPLs (Set Selection Group), but it is kind of broken so it is VERY limited in it's usefulness. I think I have successfully used it exactly one time (tried several times with no success).

Brian,

I now have an excellent reason to upgrade - Set Selection Group is not in TR 9.1.2.

What version brought it in? How is it broken? How can it be used successfully?

Thanks Peter.

I think JDE should have this 'bracket' thing to make selection easier for developers. :p

Hey Brian,

I work on tools release 9.1.5.3.
Which release has this Set selection Group? Is it not available for UBEs?

Thanks.

You could place the "(TNAC = UA OR TNAC = UB)" in your Section's Data Selection and the other selections(including the other 2 tables) coded in Initialize Section event.

In some TR, Section Data Selection is wrapped in brackets. Using this techinque you probaby have a selection like this:

((TNAC = UA OR TNAC = UB) AND (UPMJ greater than equal to ProcessingOption.BeginDate AND UPMJ less than equal to ProcessingOption.EndDate))

Thanks Peter.

I think JDE should have this 'bracket' thing to make selection easier for developers. :p

Please if they were interested in "making things easier for developers", we'd be able to copy code between the objects. In 2015, this development tool set is a flat out joke. I know we all could go on and on about what you have to do to "develop" with this system.

Last edited:
Set Selection Group - information:

07-AUG-2013 Documentation for System Function "Set Selection Group" (Doc ID 656635.1)
Set Selection Group has been available in the Form Design Aid (FDA) only from TR 8.96. It is not available in the Report Design Aid (RDA). (Which is where I looked - of course).

31-JUL-2015 Bug 20732084 : NEED SET SELECTION GROUP FUNCTIONALITY TO RDA
An enhancement request has been made to enable Set Selection Group in RDA, but has not been actioned as yet. The status of this request is "15 - Enhancement Req. Internal (Oracle) Review".

Back