Data Migration for PO Text Atatchment

2nicholas

2nicholas

Hi all,

We intend to migrate PO text attachment from E9.0 to E9.1. We are using ERW to extract data in CSV format including PO text attachment and upload into E9.1 PO tables via std EDI. Apparently, PO text attchment which were aligned properly (line spaces etc) in E9.0 been extracted and migrated into E9.1, all these PO text are no longer in proper order and alignment. E.g. a particular PO line text which contains 10 lines with line spaces etc, the outcome will be all these 10 lines are appending one after another.

I wonder if this is correct way for migrating text attachment. If anyone of you out there had such experienced and able to migrate text attachment successfully, i will appreciates if you could share the correct way or method.

Thank you.

Sounds like you're doing a upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1.
Why in the world would you think you need to migrate the Text Attachments?

Hi Larry,

We are migrating few companies from different legacy system (E9.0, SAP, In-house etc) into JDE E9.1. Text attachment in PO contains crucial info which need to be migrated and hopeful in correct alignment. Have you come cross such requirement before?

Rgds,

This was reported in Bug 18301034 ACTIVEX CONTROL WITH MOBJ TEXT ATTACHMENT PASSES EXTRA SPACING TO CONCAT, but was found to be working as designed. The reason for the change in functionality ist the jdbj driver for 9.0 and 9.1 are different.

Just to ensure eveyone is getting it right on my queries, pls see below example:

Text Attachment in Legacy system:

"Kindly ensure the following steps when you deliver the goods:

1. Get official clearing form with cop and endorsement from our security guard.
2. Inform warehouse personnel to counter-sign on this clearing form
3. Handover this clearing form to security guard before you leave our yard."

The following is what been migrated:

"Kindly ensure the following steps when you deliver the goods:1. Get official clearing form with cop and endorsement from our security guard.2. Inform warehouse personnel to counter-sign on this clearing form.3. Handover this clearing form to security guard before you leave our yard."

Assuming if text attachment in legacy system is those terms and conditions which could be few pages long, when migrated, all are jumbled up one after another. The outcome is pretty awful. Hope this clarify.

That clarifies. Still wonder though about how you're moving data from the E9.0 to E9.1 ...

You are obviously NOT going to keep text formatting using CSV as a transport format.
I would suggest for the E9.x environments that you handle this at the database / sql level - keeping in mind that if the old text is in Rich Text format the new environment should be the same (and not in html format).

Indeed, text formatting will be gone if using CSV as transport format. Your suggestion to handle this at database/sql level for E9.x sound good. Will keep it a try and see the outcome. Thanks for your valuable comments.

Back