data dictionary override - missing

Pat_H

Hello, I'm working on a form (W0801EMPC) in an app (P0801EMP). It displays cat code 11-20 from the employee master. Two of the form controls have been overriden to say somehting other than "Category Code xx". One was done with a vocab override but I can't figure out how the 2nd one was done. The data dictionary item hasn't been changed, there is no vocab override on the form and I don't see any logic in the event rules that move text to this form control. It shows up like this on all our fat clients and citrix servers. I deleted the data dictionary files from my SPEC folder on my fat client but that didn't do anything. I found a post in here that mentions the FDATEXT table. I pulled that up and see the override for the one field but not the other. Can anyone tell me where it might be pulling this text from? Thanks. - Pat

Hi Pat,

Open the APPL with FDA Designer and check, what on the form originally.
Let us know your results.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Pat,

I read second time your issue, and suppose, you already checked the Form in FDA.

Just a shot in the dark:

Did you checked Vocabulary Overrides under the same Path Code, where the fat clients shows up the form with different texts?

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan, the different text shows up in all environments on both Citrix and fat clients. The Vocab Override shows an override code of 0 (original value) and the description has the original text of "category code 13". When you run the app the text displays the modified description "Enstar Location". I did notice something else interesting. If I test the form (Alt T from within FDA) the text comes up as the original text, if I run the app from the menu it comes up with the modified text.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your feedback.

Try to run the APPL from Fast Path as well from Interactive Versions (if it has Processing Option). Would be interesting the result.

By the way, what is the Language Preference in your User Profile?

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi,

Are you referring to the static text next to the input box on the form? If that text is different, it could be a text override. Try getting the identity of the static text control in the item's properties, and note the name. Then, print out all the event rules for a form into a text file, and search that text file for a "Set Control Text" system function. That's likely how it's being changed.

I found the "Set Control Text" on other variables but not the one that I'm having an issue with. The static text for the field is Catergoy Code 13, the override box is not checked. I've searched the event rules for anything related to this object and there isn't anything.

Zoltan, This app is called from another app so I cannot call it from fastpath or IV. It's expecting the employee# to be passed to it. My language preference is English.

Hi Pat,

[ QUOTE ]
This app is called from another app so I cannot call it from fastpath or IV. It's expecting the employee# to be passed to it. My language preference is English.

[/ QUOTE ]

#1. Run the other APPL from Fast Path an from Interactive Version
#2. You can make temporary changes on the APPL, to run it directly from the to starting place (e.g. initiate FI employee# in the Dialog is Initialized, mark the Form as Entry Form)

I would like to be sure, that

A.
You checked the Description Overrides of the Data Item in the Data Dictionary and ther wasn't any override, am I right?
(because System (Jargon) Code dependent DD Description Overrides can cause this - just check the Overrides of "popular" AN8)

B.
Your Language Prefernce is EN = Englis, not <blank> = Domestic, am I right?

Please, let us know the Alias of the affected Data Item.

Waiting your reply & Regards,

Zoltán

The alias is P013. There is no description override. I even compared every screen you can get to of the data dictionary option (tabs and hyperexits) on my fat client to that in the XE demo I have running on another machine. Everything looks the same. I did mistakenly tell you my default language was English, I should have said blank. I temporarly changed my form to be the entry point and called the program from fast path as you suggested. The override does not show up when I run it just as it did when I ran it from within FDA using Alt T. It comes in as Category Code 13. The override only seems to appear when the form is called from the other forms in that appl. ???

Back