Data Corruption

kpapenfuss

Yesterday I spoke with JDE upper management in Denver discussing my concerns of the potential of data corruption between UBE's and online applications. (For more information see my post "Record Locking".) JDE acknowledges that record locking is a problem between batch and interactive applications. But, they also believe that it isn't that big of a problem because they haven't had much feedback on this issue from their customers. Other projects have had higher priority so this issue sits. They said that they plan on attempting to address this in B10. I contend that this issue is a major issue. Data integrity is the foundation of any system. On Monday, July 16, I am scheduled to have another discussion with JDE on this issue, as well as, transaction processing. I would like to know from other companies if they also feel that this is a major issue. Feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you like.

Thank you

Keith Papenfuss
The Vollrath Co., LLC
Xe, SP14.2, Coexistent, AS/400, NT, WTS

We are not live in production, but when we put in our Order Entry system on our mainframe we had similar problem that HAD to be fixed. You can add my support for JDE to address this problem in a more timely manner. Thanks for the info.

To date representatives of 5 different companies have indicated that they want to be added to the list of companies concerned about the issue of possible data corruption between batch and interactive processing. If you would like your company to be included on this list, please let me know. Please be assured that this list is only to provide JDE with customer feedback as to the severity of this issue so that they can internally adjust their priorities accordingly.

Thanks for your support.

Keith Papenfuss
The Vollrath Co., LLC
Xe, SP14.2, SP16, Coexistent, AS/400, NT, WTS

Back