Data Chaching on WTS (XE SP23)

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEListers,

My colleagues faced a strange issue at one of our pertners on XE SP23 WTS. The scenario is the following:

- User A and User B works on the same WTS in their own OW session
- User A enter a Sales Order for Customer X
- User B change the Long Address Number (ALKY) of Customer X
- User A print Preliminary Invoice for Customer X and the old ALKY appears on that
- if User B print the same Preliminary Invoice, then the new ALKY appears on it
- if User B Log-Off and Log-On and re-print the Invoice, then the new ALKY appears on it

I supposed, this is a caching issue.

Other interesting issue:
- User B does not Logged-Off yet
- Inquiry the customer in P01012 application
- the righ ALKY apperas in the grid on the Work With form
- selecting the record and opening the Revise form, the old ALKY appears
- pressing OK here, the old ALKY updated back, overwritting the new value
...OK, I can explain it also with caching - while Work With retrive a list with a selection (there is no reason to put all records to the cache, so the data comes from the DB) - while the Revision form select a Single record, and if it can be found in cache, then it will come from there.

I suppose, all FetchSingle.F0101 will get the data from the cache, if it is there
frown.gif

On the PSFT site I have found the following "Old KG" white-papers:

oti-02-0006 How To Adjust Database Caches Within OneWorld
oti-02-0031 How To Clear quasi static tables Cache for WTS environment
oti-02-0059 How To reset OneWorld Call Object Kernel Cache

Based on the 1st doc, I checked the list of the cached table in P98613 and F0101 was there. I deleted this entry and asked the others to make a new test.
After the test they told me, that the ALKY issue had been solved, but if they change the name of the Customer, the same issue appears again with it.

The strange for me with the name issue, that F0111 Who's Who table is not in the list in P98613.

The 2nd doc describe exactly the same scenario, what we have - but the given remedy isn't a solution neither for us, neither for the Users.

Can somebody point me to the right direction, where can we setup the caching behaviour on WTS beyond P98613?

All of your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance & Regards,

Zoltán

Back