Cut-off time for sales orders for next day delivery

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!

We're using E1 9.0, sales and transportation (shipments only to calculate promised dates, not using loads)

Customer would like to calculate promised delivery date in this (quite simple) way
1. Order is placed before 13:00 -> Promised delivery date = current date + route leadtime
2. Order is placed after 13:00 -> Promised delivery date = next working day + route leadtime

Quite reasonable request, i would say, but as far as i know, there is now way to calculated promised dates in JDE using order entry time..

Has anyone had the same issue and resolved it in standard or through a modification?
Most of the orders are received through webservices but some are also entered manually.

Any help/tips are appreciated
/Aarto

I have had this request before, but I am a developer and solved it using a custom table and cut off times per customer/MCU etc.

I created a BSFN, which I am happy to share with you that amended the DRQJ of the SO
I placed this BSFN just before the call to F4211 Edit Line and passed in the newly calculated DRQJ into the BSFN.

JDE did the rest
smile.gif

The other option is to change the current day in all of the relevant calendars to be a non-working day at 1.00pm (either manually or programmatically). Any orders entered that day after the calendar has been changed, will be pushed out to ship tomorrow.

Try changing the calendar manually for a while and see how they cope, maybe then develop a batch job they can easily launch and if it all goes well schedule that UBE to run at 1.00pm.

Good luck

Hi Craig! Unfortunately, the cut-off time will be different based on customer/mode of transport..

But we're doing a mod that replaces transportation date caluclation..

/Aarto

Back