Customer rebates - extra records in F4078 A7.3 SP15 Adv. Pricing

curryj

Well Known Member
We finally figured out that whenever we edit a customer rebate - e.g. to change the percentage - we are triggering a corruption of the rebate history data in the F4078. What we do is go into the price adjustment details, "expire" the current rebate as of a Saturday in the future, then create a new line in the adjustment details effective the following Sunday with an expiry date far in the future, reflecting the new percentage. Then we do exactly the same thing in the threshold.

The problem is that between the time we make that change and the effective date of the new rebate percentage, the system writes a separate line in the F4078 for every order line that goes through that attracts the rebate. It should write one new line and then update it with subsequent order lines.

We could just live with this, because the file isn't that big, and the rebates still get calculated, except that in amongst these multiple records there are typically some credits. The system doesn't create open rebate amounts for credits, so these all get ignored when we process rebates, and we end up overpaying the customers, or doing a big long reconciliation process to correct the rebates.

Bottom line - we submitted a SAR and Oracle isn't going to fix it because the system gives a warning that the data might be corrupted if we change the threshold dates, therefore it's functioning as designed. Their solution - set up new rebates when changes are necessary. This seems to be a dumb suggestion to me, and it certainly isn't practical for us.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem, and if they would be interested in joining with us to try to get the problem corrected?

Thanks

Jon, I congratulate you for getting this far with figuring out the issue.
I'm sure that error message was put in there by a programmer (and his/her
manager) who were too lazy to fix the problem. I'm going to email one of my
inside contacts and suggest that they fix this one. I hear 'ya!

Andy

Great job you are doing Andy - hope your contact can push the SAR up the
priority list.

My congrats also to Jon for the analysis and clear problem definition.

Re: UPDATE Customer rebates - extra records in F4078 A7.3 SP15 Adv. Pricing

I have some good news about this issue - there's a consultant working on it! No guarantees yet that they're going to fix it, but this is better than the initial response I got.
Andy Klee, if you had anything to do with this, thanks.
I've attached my notes documenting the problem, in case anyone is following the issue.

RE: UPDATE Customer rebates - extra records in F4078 A7.3 SP15 Adv. Pricing

Sometimes it's who you know, not what you know. I'd tell you who I emailed
this to at Oracle, but then he/she would never speak to me again.

Glad to be of service! And glad they still occasionally listen to me.

Andy

Back