E9.1 Custom app deleting records in joined tables

Saydeelol

Greetings my fellow listers!

I have a question that I cannot believe I am only now running into years after starting work with JD Edwards. It's pretty straightforward and I'm a little embarassed.

Have a custom BSSV. It joins a custom table with F4101. The custom is the primary table. When my application deletes a row the joined table row in F4101 goes with it. Any way to prevent this?

Thanks, all!

I assume you mean BSVW. Suppress the delete in the "delete record from DB" event and manually delete from the table you want to.

Craig

I'm hoping this might be useful to others: I had a similar issue using a Headerless Detail form where I only wanted to delete data from one of three joined tables in a grid Business View. I did use Craig's method for explicit table deletion, but I had the further requirement that I didn't want the grid line to immediately disappear, so the user could continue working without uncommitted changes also disappearing. The solution was also to add event rules to the grid "Delete Grid Rec Verify - Before" event:
Suppress Delete
Stop Processing
The delete confirmation dialog still appeared, but the grid line did not disappear when the Delete icon (trash can) was clicked.

Back