CSV Limitation In UBE

smita

Output of my report is in CSV.I am not able to view fields which lie beyond the width 45.5, which is the maximum custom width for the report. how do i get the remaining columns in CSV.

Smita

If your report only outputs in CSV, you do not really have to worry with the formatting. What you can do is access the Print Setup of the report and tick the 'Output to CSV' box. This should prompt you to change the grid to a different width (can't remember the number).
Align your fields on the grid, one field per column even if they overlap, and they should come out just right in excel.

Hope this helps

Philippe

Smita,

You can check the post #109943. You can find valuable information from this post.

Goodluck

[ QUOTE ]
Align your fields on the grid, one field per column even if they overlap, and they should come out just right in excel.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and if you don't, you might get empty columns between your data-columns in your excel output, or, even worse, "lose" data-columns in your excel output. as i've experienced a few times in the past. (another good reason not to use columnar sections in your report
wink.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and if you don't, you might get empty columns between your data-columns in your excel output, or, even worse, "lose" data-columns in your excel output. as i've experienced a few times in the past. (another good reason not to use columnar sections in your report
wink.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

But then again group sections can be a pain in the arse for csv too. You have to use the correct one (out of "top", "bottom" and "middle") to align your fields (sorry, can't remember which off the top of my head and don't have my doc on it with me). If you use either of the other two then you might get fields appearing in different rows.

And the best thing is where the users tell you they only want to output to csv and never to pdf, so you design it accordingly and then they complain that the csv looks a mess!!

Output of my report is in CSV.I am not able to view fields which lie beyond the width 45.5, which is the maximum custom width for the report. how do i get the remaining columns in CSV.
Hi Smita, were you able to get thru this challenge? I have a same situation and all the columns beyond 45.5 are overlapping.

Back