CSV Financial Report - Mising Description

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Good Day!??

I've got this financial report (big, wide thing) that works 'perfectly' as a PDF. However, if run as a CSV, the Description goes missing. I've verified that the column width is not an issue - I just can't figure out why the Description vanishes when I run the monster as a CSV.

Any Thoughts?

(db)

Unfortunately, I do not come with answers, but to join your pain. We have seen this quite often with financial/columnar reports. Sometimes more than one column will simply not exist in the csv. I don't remember all the research/discussions/cases but we came to the realization there is no fix available. We bailed on fixing it some years ago and bought a simple PDF to excel utility to convert the pdf to excel. It actually works out ok since the users like to have both pdf and excel on hand. If you get a good converter, it will allow you to save a layout for each report, so it becomes as simple as open file, open layout, convert file.

mdalton,

As my organization (and my clients) move forward to BIP - that's an option. At the moment, BIP is not an option.

JMast - I SCREAM YOUR PAIN!

(db)

Larry Jones is one Monster.... How dare you suggest writing our own flat file! That's the talk that SiFi Novels are written of.

Back