Credit Notes

Paddydd

Hi everyone

I have a client who wants to match credit notes against invoices.

The scenario is as follows :-

They have a series of invoices that go on the system. A number of credits are then raised against the invoice. However, they would like to match the credit to the invoice, therefore, you would have an issue with credit appearing in a different period in the Aged Debt.

I can get an invoice on, and a credit to match, but if I go through Standard Receipt but there is an additional problem. They would also like a link between the Credit Note and the Invoice. So Invoice 6543 and Credit Note 4321 are linked together. When someone who is looking at the Customer Ledger, they can see the link immediately. I have tried something around the F03B11 ODOC field, but didn't have much success.

I also tried applying the credit as a Deduction and Doc Type R5, which would have been fine, the the sign convention is the wrong way around on the Customer Ledger.

A further complication would be if the invoice is closed. There is a need to raise a cheque. However, AP/AR netting is turned off. I suppose I can get around this with a procedure, but it's not ideal.

Has anyone got any experience of this, and any possible fixes.

Many Thanks

Paddy

Back