Credit limit not changing for some clients on Version Xe

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi,

I've been having problems changing credit limits for some clients for a particular company. no approval message is being sent to the approver's workcenter. Can anyone please advise ?

Regards,
Jessica.

The most likely reason is that the approver is set up incorrectly in UDC table 01/CR. The approver's code goes in the code field, their name or title goes in the description 1 field, and their address number goes in the description 2 field. If there is not a valid address number in description 2, the workflow will not work.

Brad

Hi,

These have been correctly set up but it would not work for some clients. What else could be wrong ?

Regards,
Jessica.

By "clients" do you mean certain workstations? If so, maybe there is a problem with a cached copy of the UDC tables. Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest because I do not understand workflow.

Brad

Hi,

No by clients I actually meant customers, that is, for some customers for a particular company, their credit limit is being successfully changed but for some, the workflow message is not being created thus this is not being approved, resulting in the credit limit remaining unchanged.

Regards,
Jessica.

Was the approver changed? If so check the previous approvers work center, there might be a possibility that the previous approver has a message awaiting his approval which he has not yet approve. Once he approves it, the system will send a new message to the new approver.

We encountered a similar issue and identified the problem as above.

Hi Jessica.

have you looked in P98860? we have times (not sure why this happens), that some customer do not create the workflow message, but in this screen you can see several processes for the same customer, one active and the rest waiting.

the solution is to terminate all the processes but the last one, and in the last one click to resume. This would create the message

Hope this helps

Hi,

Ok, I've checked the P98860 but I don't see the lines with status awaiting even though I see them in the corresponding table F98860. In fact on the application, I see that it is active on a user (who is not the approver) then it is unopened for Approved and completed for Start (both Approved and Start are sub-options under the problematic customer address number).

Very grateful if you could please help.

Regards,
Jessica.

Hi Jessica.

Select the main lines related to this customer and terminate this processes using the row exit terminate.

then use R98660P to purge finished and terminated processes (status 03, 05, and 06)

browse in the application again to see if is left any other process for this same customer.

If no, then change credit limit again and see how a new process is created and then the message sent to aprover.

If yes (there are processes left, there should be in status awaiting, terminate all but the last one, and then select thsi process and click on continue), this will activate this process and send the messages

Back