Createform 7x printer issues - how do I set up tray mapping

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
In Createform 7x I had to replace all my actual print drivers with generic/text because on my new Windows 2012 R2 64 bit server none of the output would print to the printer with the print drivers I had defined for the printers. I had to change each of the print drivers to generic/text to get the output to actually print.

Has anyone successfully moved to Createform 7x and been able to define print drivers to your printer other than Generic Text.

For some of my printers I have to take paper from certain printer drawers. How am I supposed to define a tray mapping from a printer to select from a specific drawer if I have to change the print driver to generic / text? The print driver mappings are not going to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to work around this problem.

Cathy,

We have been using Create!form 7 since 2012 with postscript printer drivers for our printers. However our operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2.

A couple of basic questions, which you probably have already considered: Is Create!form 7 supported on Windows Server 2012? The printer drivers you tried, were they for Windows Server 2012?

Last edited:
Our ITS Systems group set up our Windows 2012 R2 64bit server. It was indicated that we were going to this server. Bottomline said it would work with the software.

I agree with you - the drivers are probably not fully supported on Windows 2012 R2 that is why we have to use Generic / Text for a driver. But that is not going to work when I print my output if I have tray mapping. My tray mapping setup works fine on my Windows 2003 Server

Questions for you.
==================
1) Is your Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit or 32 bit?

2) Print Drivers I have been checking for Windows 2012 R2 64 bit server indicate that some drivers DO NOT support PS Pass-through. Do I need the driver to support PS Pass-through?

3) Are your print drivers V3 or V4?

Am going to re-check all my printer drivers. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Cathy,

Answers to your questions:

1) Is your Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit or 32 bit?
Answer: Yes it is 64 bit.

2) Print Drivers I have been checking for Windows 2012 R2 64 bit server indicate that some drivers DO NOT support PS Pass-through. Do I need the driver to support PS Pass-through?
Answer: I'm not 100% sure about the Pass-Through. 10-15 years ago when we first set up Create!form, we needed a "hack" to the registry, on the Create!form windows server, to allow a passthru from the unix enterprise server for printing. I believe this is no longer needed and I could find no evidence of it. However, I don't think that ever had anything to do with the drivers. You probably need to check this with BottomLine.

3) Are your print drivers V3 or V4?
Answer: The printer drivers are PS3 where I can identify the version.

I had to use a different print driver with V3 and then I was able to use tray mapping.

Back