Create versions using IV and/or BV versus OMW?

Plodder

Could an expert developer/CNC administrator help me out with a simple question, please? In all of what is to follow, the work would be carried out on a Fat Client, in the DV path on an 8.11 install.

Question: Could I expect any problems with the promotion to PY and above, deployment/E-Gen of a Batch Version or an Interactive Version if I create the version from the IV (Interactive Versions, P983051) or BV (Batch Version, P98305) programs, rather than by clicking Add Batch Version or Add Interactive Version options within the OMW application (P98220).

I understand that if I create versions using IV or BV, I will have to move them from my Default OMW project into another project for promotion.

But having done that, could I expect the versions to promote, build, e-gen and run on HTML just as if they had been created using the Add options in OMW?

1. Run BV.
2. Click on About button (or Help->About on pulldown menu).
Note the Program and Form name.
3. Run OMW and select a project
4. Select a UBE object and click the design button
5. Select the Design Tools tab and Click the Version List button
6. Click on About button (or Help->About on pulldown menu).
Look at the Program and Form name - anything look familiar?

Since you need to pull the modified versions into a new project to promote, wouldn't it be just as easy to start there? I have had problems in the past if the object was not modified in the project that was being promoted. BUT, I am not an expert in this area.

Back