E9.1 Create Today's Date in Report

Abd Allah

Abd Allah

Hi All :

I want to create today's date in the header section of the report

Thanks in Advance.:)

set a report variable to SL DateToday. At the end of your list of assignments if you have a long list
1662568584716.png

I am so grateful to you DaveWagoner:D

But I also want today's date to appear to the user when he checks out the report. I think I will use the data selection in the Main section, Is what I'm saying correct or not because I'm new to JDE and I don't know how to make the user show it to him. Please help me with that.

I am so grateful to you DaveWagoner:D

But I also want today's date to appear to the user when he checks out the report. I think I will use the data selection in the Main section, Is what I'm saying correct or not because I'm new to JDE and I don't know how to make the user show it to him. Please help me with that.
Hi Abd Allah,

I am not sure I understand what you're asking here. Can you draw some pictures or take screen shots of what you're after? I am happy to help within reason, as I was a beginner once too!

Hi DavidWagoner,

All I want is for today's date to appear in the report for the user. Would the solution you gave me do the job or need some extras? Hope you can help me with that. Sincerely thanks for your help.:)

Yes, what I showed you above would do the job. 1) Add a Date Variable 2) go into event rules design, and select the Do section 3) assign the variable as in my screenshot

I suspect it would be helpful for you to read up on the RDA guide documentation https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24705_01/doc.91/e24249/toc.htm . There is a lot there, but in addition to this, in my experience it's very helpful to look at existing reports to get ideas and hints on how to accomplish something.

Good luck on your journey!

Hi Abd,

You can add Report date in page header for batch date executed.
1662972358510.png

But when user open file can't directly it. You'll need create a BI Publisher in xls (excel) and add a =TODAY() excel formula assign to a cell. And program output rows and fields in BIP.

Regards.

Hi Abd,

You can add Report date in page header for batch date executed.
View attachment 19399

But when user open file can't directly it. You'll need create a BI Publisher in xls (excel) and add a =TODAY() excel formula assign to a cell. And program output rows and fields in BIP.

Regards.
Of course I will. Thank you very much for your help:)

Back