E9.2 Create Media Object using Template and attach to SO line silently

Pranoy

HI,

I have requirement where program needs to create a new media object in (GT4211) with text copied from MO Template (GT98TMPL) and edit it and save it for the line user is entering.

I was able to achieve but after editing the save system function is not creating MO silently but its showing the MO Text window and user needs to click on ok button to go back to SO Detail screen.

Code i've written for test using the address book is -

//
Media Object Structures(GT98TMPL, <Default Media Object>, <Get Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA frm_MediaObjectText, "TMPL1", BC Date - Beginning Effective (F0101)(EFTB))
//
Media Object Structures(ABGT, <Default Media Object>, <Set Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA frm_MediaObjectText, GC AddressNumber)
Media Object Structures(ABGT, <Default Media Object>, <Save>, VA frm_EverestEventPoint01, GC AddressNumber)
Media Object Structures(ABGT, <Default Media Object>, <Exist>, VA frm_EverestEventPoint01, GC AddressNumber)
//
If VA frm_EverestEventPoint01 is equal to "1"
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <Yes>)
End If
//

Any suggestions or information would help.

Thanks.
Pranoy

HI,

I have requirement where program needs to create a new media object in (GT4211) with text copied from MO Template (GT98TMPL) and edit it and save it for the line user is entering.

I was able to achieve but after editing the save system function is not creating MO silently but its showing the MO Text window and user needs to click on ok button to go back to SO Detail screen.

Code i've written for test using the address book is -

//
Media Object Structures(GT98TMPL, <Default Media Object>, <Get Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA frm_MediaObjectText, "TMPL1", BC Date - Beginning Effective (F0101)(EFTB))
//
Media Object Structures(ABGT, <Default Media Object>, <Set Text>, <Default Text Object>, VA frm_MediaObjectText, GC AddressNumber)
Media Object Structures(ABGT, <Default Media Object>, <Save>, VA frm_EverestEventPoint01, GC AddressNumber)
Media Object Structures(ABGT, <Default Media Object>, <Exist>, VA frm_EverestEventPoint01, GC AddressNumber)
//
If VA frm_EverestEventPoint01 is equal to "1"
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <Yes>)
End If
//

Any suggestions or information would help.

Thanks.
Pranoy

I missed to mention - User should not be seeing the MO window pop up to save the attachment manually. And the code above I tried is on Address Book record.

You're on 9.2?
Record someone adding a MO to a SO line, then add this as a form extension to your OK button

You're on 9.2?
Record someone adding a MO to a SO line, then add this as a form extension to your OK button
Thanks john for reply.
Yes i'm on 9.2 and this approach - I havent tried, will try and see.

But I found that recently if we are using MO API we can silently create a MO attachment and then check if that got created successfully and show the text indicator for the line. Need to try this approach and see, have to create a C BSFN.

Thanks.

Back