Copying Menu Data

ProjectRoom

Well Known Member
If menu data didn't get copied to another environment on purpose, and I now want to copy say 25 menus across one environment to another (because another 150 odd is not wanted in this environment). How would I copy these menus quickly?

cheers

Hi ProjectRoom,

First, what is your OneWorld release level? The possible solutions could be different under XE and prior XE .

Q2.) What do you mean "menu data didn't get copied to another environment"?
Q3.) Can you filter your menu for copy as one or few range?
Q4.) Do you want to copy complete menu(s) and/or menu selections under existing menus, etc.?

Please, let us know more abaout your issue making possible to help you more. Thanks.

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Ok I have B7.3.3.2 SP 11.3 and im on NT 4.0

A1. The menus didn't copy over because we don't want most of them.
A2. The Treeview shows a parent node (a custom node), how do we copy that entire Menu structure and the sub menus (including the actual menus we created in the list view, e.g. the menu data not just the structure).
A3. Filter? Not sure what you mean.

Any help on menu copying (structure and data) would be received with thanks.

Al

Hi ProjectRoom,

You can copy menus based on their menu ID using P9864 Record Copy application in GH9081 menu. If I am right, it copies the menu header and menu selection records of the menu, based on the menu ID, so it does not copy sub-menus.

Other solution could be to write a Table Conversion UBE which can move records between different Control Tables data sources. You can write your own logic to copy the submenus too in your TC UBE.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

ok, I was hoping It would be simpler, copying parts of a menu and its sub-menus would be an obvious incorporation in software like this, for me anyway (been programming in c++ for a long time now).

Thanks

Al

Hi ProjectRoom,

I have SQL (SQL 7.0) scripts which I wrote 2 years ago when I was working with my ex-company (B7322), it does the submenu copying, it worked well at that time. Please let me know if you want it, I can email to you.

Hi Richard,

Thanks. I would be very happy to receive any e-mail from you concerning JDE
OneWorld. At the present I responsible for implementing JDE OneWorld B7332
and Xe in two divisions of RAR & Sons Group Saudi Arabia.
May be this could help me.

Thanks and regards.

Danny Q. Peralta

Please could you send me the SQL scripts.
They would be most useful

Thanks

PR

Back