Converting security deposits as unapplied cash using R03B551

Alex Blasenheim

Well Known Member
I am converting security deposits from a legacy system to JDE - Real Estate/Property mgmt module. Security deposits work just like unapplied cash except in place of "UC" we use "SECD" so it hits a security deposit balance sheet account instead of Open A/R when posting to the GL. I'm using the R03B551 program to read the F03B13Z to create the security deposit records. Everything works great except it places a "UC" in the GL Offset code based on the processing options. Outside of modifying this program or SQL, does anyone know of a way to do this?

E1 9.0
Tools release: 8.98

I believe you can create a version of the R03B551 (and use processing option 01 from the default tab) to read from the F03012 GL offset field and populate the desired value. This might be a potential solution.

There is a choice (option 10) to use the default UC or from the Cust Master. We already have an offset code there pointing to different AR accounts for the thousands of F03012. So that does not work. I even thought of changing the AAIs to point to the security deposit account but that got way too complicated.

That is the PO I meant - #10 from the R035551. You can choose to default it from the customer master record gl offset (alias-=ARC) for that particular customer. The ARC of the F03012 would be populated with SECD during the import. If this does not work in your case, then you can choose to override the GLC field before you post the records at the time of import.

Or as another alternative, you can isolate the security deposit records for the import, change to AAI to point to the RCUC desired (SECD), post the batch and then change the RCUC AAI back for the remaining records to be imported.

Your suggestions I had already looked at. Populating the ARC can only be done via SQL. With thousands of security deposits, changing it manually is not cost efficient. If it was one customer, not an issue with changing the F03012 ARC but we are talking thousands of customers (tenants) and hundreds of companies (F0010). Because there are hundreds of companies, changing the RCUC AAI is not possible because of how the client set it up not based on company 00000. Unless there is a non technical way of handing this, we will have to resort to using SQL over the F03B11 and F03B14 files to replace the "UC" with "SECD" before posting. My philosophy is always try and use any and all applications before going through the backdoor.

Thanks. I agree to always use vanilla. In the AAI case, even though the company list may be lengthy it is still very easy to manually change dozens of AAI as needed for the solution, and then change them back. Anyway, continued success with your solution. Please feel free to email if I can assist in any discussion. Thanks.

Back